Hi all
I am trying my hand at autoCAD SD2014 and most of it is pretty straight forward though i am having some problems with Purlin cleats.
I have created a portal frame using UB universal beams and need to use Z pulins to fix the roof and walls to.
I have created cleats by using "plates" and "drilling" holes to suit the bolt holes in the Z purlins.
I am trying to "weld" the cleats to the Beam that forms the rafter section of the portal and to the columns.
When I use the weld command from the ribbon I can select the cleat and the beam as "objects to be welded", how ever I cannot select a start or end point for the weld, the Cursor does not recognize the end points of the plate used to create the cleat, but does recognize the centre of the holes drilled to bolt the purlin to,
I would like the cleats to show up on the assembly drawings with dimensions and positions shown but at the moment I cannot get them to "weld" to the beam so they do not become part of the beam assembly and therefore do not show up on the drawings

can any one help?
thanks in advance for any help given
regards John