Hi BlackBox, May you plz let me know how we can get that routine or code.. and make our Civil 3D exactly like you show us on that video ? Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BlackBox View Post
Did some more experimenting this evening, and successfully tested two methods of making Civil 3D Labels adhere to CLAYER... .

The first method (not shown in the video clip) - is to update the Object Layers themselves (actually changing them to CLAYER) when CLAYER changes. This method is a bit more code, but keeps Object Layers currently set to 0 (zero) layer consistent with CLAYER. Issue being when to reset the Object Layer.

As example: General Note Label Object Layer is set to 0 (zero) layer. That Object Layer is changed to FOO layer when user changes CLAYER, and labels are added (on FOO layer). Then the layer is changed back to 0 (zero) layer, the Object Layer now does not == 0 (zero) layer, and does not match CLAYER; does the Object Layer need to be restored to 0 (zero) layer when the 'add label' Command ends?

The second method (shown in the video clip) - is to simply Overrule the DBObject's Close() Method enforcing CLAYER automagically, without changing the Object Layers at all. This method is pretty light weight (less code), but I feel that it will lead to a bit of confusion on the part of users, as the resultant Label will reside on a layer that does NOT match that which is specified in Object Layers tab of C3D Drawing's Settings.

Even if the first method is to be used, methinks all Object Layers originally set to 0 (zero) layer should be changed back to 0 (zero) layer when done adding label(s), but this too may cause some confusion.

For either method, some sort of notification needs to be provided, so user is aware that any Labels added who's Object Layer is set for 0 (zero) layer is adhering to CLAYER... When to notify (each Command, each Label, etc.) and how to go about notifying (command prompt, cursor badge, or balloon notification... don't bother asking for an alert popup as I won't do that to people I don't even like, Haha) are things that need to be provided without being in the way.

Would really appreciate feedback on this.

Cheers