Thread: How to manage repeating elements in Revit.

Login to Give a bone

Default How to manage repeating elements in Revit.

Hi Revit experts

I have a residential tower building project.
    it has 8 wings, and 15 stories are typical.
    so it goes like this.

1: Each wing has similar flats with a central corridor, so my team want to copy some flats, and to mirror some flats, bcs of identical flats. (When design changes, they want to change one flat then to get auto updated other flats like in groups)

2: they want array/copy this one wing to make it 4 wings floor plan, and to mirror this 4 to other side of the corridor to make it 8 wings plan.

3: they want this 8 wing floor plan to copy to all 15 stories. (alot of stuffs like toilets and other furniture)

4: if there comes any changes in any flat, as design changes, they want to auto update in full building (project).

what i need is , a best practice method. i dont want to increase file size or mess up with grouping issues in project.
    how i can control this issue without getting crashed the software and/or hanging system.

again one more issue as second step, it is a zone with 9 such similar buildings, i have to link in a master site project.
    so repeating the building 9 times in a master site project with its own coordinates.
    i am using revit 2017
    Kindly help me with a best practice solution- I request a step by step reply for each step, so that i can mange the project easily.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to manage repeating elements in Revit.

Sounds like you can tackle most of this making a single Revit file of each master flat, then link these RVT files and copy instances on each Level of your tower such that you have instances of the RVT to represent each occurrence of that flat. That would allow you to flip, rotate, etc. and still maintain one "master" that can be updated. For the site context, you could create one "shell" file and then link that into the site as many times as you need it to represent the towers on your site. I tried to mock up a quick diagram to explain: 2017-09-20_1501.png

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to manage repeating elements in Revit.

https://www.revitcity.com/forums.php...hread_id=41315

i think Save option can work a bit