Thread: Alignments missing from Site

Login to Give a bone

Default Alignments missing from Site

I have created several centerline alignments and used them for my corridor model. After closing out of the drawing and then opening it back up later, the alignments have disappeared from my prospector. They're not in my Site or under alignments, but when I select the alignment in the drawing, under the properties the alignment is still associated with my Site. Any help would be much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Alignments missing from Site

Any luck on this question? I'm having the same problem...

- - - Updated - - -

Any luck on this question? I'm having the same issue and cannot find a solution. In fact the drawing is now unstable and crashes every time I try to save out.

Login to Give a bone

untested....

Presuming you've already run AUDIT and repaired the drawings, use LandXML to export the problematic alignments, delete them. Save and close the drawings, then use LandXML to bring in the alignments.

Login to Give a bone

I ended up resolving the issue by rebuilding the template we use for our grading constructs. I had spent some time with a tech support company and came to the conclusion that the file was corrupted, which led to discovering that the assemblies that were being used for the corridor model was version 2013. The assemblies were typical ones that were used frequently and left in the grading template. At the time I was using Civil3d version 2018. My assumption was that the out of date assembly version was corrupting the file and deleting the alignments. I ended up recreating the drawing from scratch with the new template and never had the issue again, unfortunately there was about a week lost in work time during the whole venture.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cadtag View Post
    untested....

Presuming you've already run AUDIT and repaired the drawings, use LandXML to export the problematic alignments, delete them. Save and close the drawings, then use LandXML to bring in the alignments.
    How does one go about deleting an alignment if it's not even listed in the prospector in the first place? And if the alignments are deleted what happens to the existing profiles, corridors and surfaces that currently exist in the drawing that are based on these "missing from prospector" alignments?