Thread: Pressure pipes not showing in Layout

Login to Give a bone

Default Pressure pipes not showing in Layout

I created a pressure pipe network from object with 10" pipe. Now I want to add 6" pipes but the pulldown does not show pipe options. The attachment shows the blank window. I can add 4" pipes, I assume that is the default, but I can't swap them. The pipe options show up in the Pressure Network Parts List when I look in Settings.
    How can I draw the pipe size I need?
    Thanks
    10.5.1132.0 ACAD Civil 3D 2016 SP3.0
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Pressure pipes not showing in Layout

Welcome to AUGI.

Use the SETPRESSURENETWORKCATALOG Command to verify the settings for the catalog you've specified.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Thanks for replying.
    SETPRESSURENETWORKCATALOG merely pulls up a dialog box to choose catalogs (attached). Which settings are you referring to?
    I loaded one of the other catalogs but that doesn't change the Parts List so I didn't go further on that thread.
    I've checked the settings in Toolspace and there are several pipes to choose from - which is as it should be. I've created a dummy pressure pipe network that starts with the 6" pipe I need and it created it correctly. I still can't see the pipes in the layout pulldown.
    I opened a different project that had a pressure pipe network and it also does not show pipe options and I've pulled this project up on another computer with the same results so it isn't a setting on just my computer. No on in our office has worked in Pressure Pipes because they run into problems and end up doing work-arounds.
    I can't spend any more time on this so, unless anyone has a better idea, I'll just do another work-around (which happens a lot with ACAD). This will only show up in profiles and I can just create the pipes at 4" and label them as 6".
    Thanks for the help!

Login to Give a bone

No worries; I suggested to start at the catalog, as that is the first point of (potential) failure.

It sounds like you have a Pressure Network Properties issue - in a quick test, I created two Pressure Pipe Networks, in the second I copied the Standard Pressure Parts List and deleted all Pressure Pipes, Fittings, and Appurtenances - I can now duplicate the undesired behavior you described above (see images below).

Double check the Pressure Parts List assigned to your Pressure Pipe Network.

Cheers

2017-09-27_16-47-29.png 2017-09-27_16-47-02.png

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I'm not sure where you mean for me to double check the Parts List. All the parts show up in Toolspace Settings (attached) and, as I said, I've been able to get pipes in 3 different sizes so far but the only place I can specify the pipe size is through Create Network by Object. Pressure Network Creation Tools does not have a place to designate current pipe size so I assume it defaults to the first pipe on the list which is 4".
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Just so I am clear - your Pressure Pipe Network specifies the "Standard" Pressure Network Parts List, and not some other that has no Pressure Pipes?

I believe that's what you're saying, just trying to make sure... In which case, I'm at a loss... If the correct Parts List is being specified in the Pressure Network, and Pipes are there but still not showing up in contextual tab for that Pressure Network (if you've selected a pipe from another Network contextual tab can change), then there would appear to be an Application issue with Civil 3D that might require repair install, etc.

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Yes, it's the Standard Pressure Network Parts List.
    If it was just my computer, a repair install might work but it seems to be the same on others too. I'll just work around it.
    I appreciate your time.
    Cheers

Login to Give a bone

The whole thing is troubling, and I feel for your situation; it sounds utterly frustrating.

If your software was installed via 'Deployment', it may be possible that a configuration setting is causing this, which might explain why this happens on multiple workstations (although I cannot speculate what setting that might be?).

If you've done Audit(s) and Recovered the drawing(s), and it happens to multiple drawings (not just those started with your drawing template(s); try some of the OOTB templates), then please be sure to contact Autodesk about this; you can start a ticket through your company's Autodesk Account page (assuming you have access; otherwise your IT?).

Good luck!

Computer Specs: