See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Copy row in schedule to another row in the same schedule in revit

Login to Give a bone

Smile Copy column in schedule to another column in the same schedule in revit

hello,
    I'm simply trying to copy from column in schedule to another column in the same schedule in Revit
    It's a Signage schedule and I'm Trying to copy room name (D column) to sign room name (E column)
    But (D column) is not accessible so you can't copy or select it
    and I Attach a picture for this problem

Thanks for help
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by hanycd82747545; 2017-10-11 at 11:38 AM. Reason: Mistake

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Copy row in schedule to another row in the same schedule in revit

Does it allow you do to a formula where (Room Name) = Room: Name?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Myers View Post
    Does it allow you do to a formula where (Room Name) = Room: Name?
    Sorry Mr Brian I Was Abroad,
    No Sir it's not allowed

Login to Give a bone

You could use Dynamo to read the values in the Room: Name column and then push them to the parameter in the (Room Name) column (assuming that parameter is a text-type parameter). Here is a relatively simple Dynamo graph that grabs the values in the Name and Number properties of each Room in a Revit file and pushes those values into "alternate" Name and Number parameters. The context for this is that a particular client wanted to take the Revit model for a nearly completed construction project and rename/renumber certain rooms. The client did not want to disturb the contract document values, and, for many names and numbers, there would be no change. Rather than retype all of the contract document data into new parameters, and then change the few that needed changing, I let Dynamo take the first pass at populating the alternate names and numbers using the contract document data.

Anyway, this shows how easy it can be to get parameter data from all elements of a given type and add that data to another parameter, in this case, "as is".
    AlternateRoomName-Number.png

Login to Give a bone

Thank you MR David,
    I really knows nothing about dynamo, But this problem gives me a push to start with it.

Login to Give a bone

I love the CTC tools for that kind of thing. Ideate also has a one. I think there's some others out there was well.
    Basically pick your category, select all the parameters you want to look at, and hit go. It'll bring up an excel looking format that you can copy and paste or do what ever with.
    I've used it to export out a list of all the rooms in a Hospital complex so the owner could assign his new room numbers. I sent them the excel file with most of the cells locked so they couldn't screw it up. They sent it back and I updated the model. 2300 rooms updated in one shot. Done.