Thread: Phasing, Fire Rating and Hatch Patterns

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Phasing, Fire Rating and Hatch Patterns

Hi everyone. I don't ask a lot of questions, and please forgive me if these questions have been posed before, but I have done my best to make sure this is a unique series of questions. As implied, this is a multi-part cry for help.

1. I have view filters set up to show fire rating on certain walls. I have been instructed to show fire rating on a Concrete wall that already has a fill pattern....meaning it needs to show both, the fill pattern for the Concrete AND the Fire Rating. Is this possible?

2. This is a Renovation project, and there are a series of walls that are not being demolished, but will have a fire rating added to them. The walls are not getting stripped to the studs, but will have Gyp added to them. What would be the best way to approach this without "demo'ing" the entire wall in revit?

I'm struggling to come up with good solutions!

Thank you in advance for any response!!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Phasing, Fire Rating and Hatch Patterns

1 - Not possible unless you can want to make a new model based pattern that includes both. - Options are to use a detail component with a model pattern and place it over the top
    Other option I've see it to model a handrail over the to of the wall and add a fill pattern to it.

2. - Add a wall that is nothing more than a single layer of gyp and model it right next to to the existing wall. Model it how you plan to build it. Your statement says you're not going to remove anything from the existing wall, you're just going to add a layer of gyp. So model a layer of gyp. You can use the above method for applying a rating or add you'll need to add an air space with a fire rating material so you can filter it and apply the rating pattern to it.

On a side note to that you should be indicating that the existing walls were not constructed as fire rated. Depending on what UL rating assembly you're trying to achieve you'll need to some something to the head and the base of that wall to seal it for smoke. ie you can't just add a layer of 5/8 gyp to a wall and call it rated. The assembly needs to be done as such. Depending