Thread: selection based on attributes excel list

Login to Give a bone

Default selection based on attributes excel list

Good morning to everyone.

rather newbie here, and just starting to work with LISP routines. s(h)aves me a lot of time.
    Now the situation is this:
    I get a lot of objects from the surveying team, which have to be put into the drawing.
    No problem here, I've got an excel list of the object name and coordinates to match, so I insert an attributed block into the drawing based upon the coordinates from the excel sheet.
    I've got all these objects within the drawing, and now the status of these objects is changing.
    status is let's say 1, 2 or 3 ( these statusses have a different layer ) I can remake an excel sheet everytime a couple of hundred of these objects shift status, and delete the old objects, just to put in the same objects, but on a different layer.

But I reckon it shouldn't be impossible, to select the objects based upon their attributed value ( just numbers 1 to 5000 or so )and move the selection to a different status layer.
    Does anyone know of a routine to select attributed blocks within a drawing based upon their attributed value, which is mentioned in an excel sheet?

I've already tried FIND command, and searched the net for LISP-routines

example excel-sheet 2017-10-18_072800.png
    example blocks 2017-10-18_073759.png

As you might be able to see, I'm working BricsCAD

kind regards,

Bart

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: selection based on attributes excel list

Hi,

Unfortunately there is not a filter to select attributed blocks based on their attributes' values so you need to make a selection set with the attributed block names then iterate each block to retrieve all attribute(s) value(s) then check if this / these value(s) match your criteria, so add them to a new list otherwise pass over the block and continue till the end.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: selection based on attributes excel list

Tharwat has given you the answer to the easy part, how do you intend to identify the point number in the block to be changed, output a simple text file 1 2 3 4 56 57 99 100 etc or a range and number combo 1-5 67 70-76 83 84 or is it paired answers 1-5,layer1 67,layer2 68,layer2 70-76,layer1 and so on. When you have a few thousand it gets a bit more difficult. Is it something a CIVIL add on running within Briscad would be a better way to go given all the extra stuff you would get access to.

Ps I have jobs with 30,000+ points so we do it right 1st go.