Thread: Wish granted? Seriously?

Login to Give a bone

Default Wish granted? Seriously?

Hello,
    I had this wish posted in 2013, and now it show "granted".

When I updated my wish to show the latest version of Revit, 2018, I received this email from AUGI:

**** START EMAIL ****

An AUGI member has reported that this wish has been granted and appears in the software. An administrator will review it promptly.

Wish ID: #464794
    Wish Title: New 3D Legend View for creating real BIM windows schedules, etc.
    Product: Revit Architecture
    Feature: Annotation Tools
    Edited By: gsucci on Sat, 11 Nov 2017

Summary: 3D families needs to be fully tag-gable in legend views, in order to create really BIM partition schedules, windows schedules, etc.
    Description: The existing Legend Views work for 2D annotation families. This allows to create Symbols legend, which is okay and needed. However, a new Model Legend View needs to be developed, where users can mass-import all the used types of a certain family, which can then be tagged and dimensioned as if they were in the model. This will allow the creation of real Windows schedule, for example, where architects show all windows types used in the project, and tag them appropriately. Also, these new 3D Legend Views need to be developed in order to also show plan view of elements such as roofs and floors, so that surface patterns can be shown as much as sectional information. This will allow easy creation of material legends.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Annotation Tools

Submitted By: gsucci on 04/01/2013

Granted Reason: This function does exist. 1. Create a legend view 2. Go into your project browser under families and select a TYPE of window or door. 3. Drag the window or door TYPE out into the legend 4. From the options below the ribbon tools, select whether you want to see the type in plan or elevation. Windows and doors within legends are dimension-able.

**** END EMAIL ****

Obviously there is no source to this precious "how to" piece of information, but anyone who actually does any architectural documentation in Revit knows that there is a difference between Dimensions and Tags and that you can indeed dimension elements in a Legend, but there is no way to Tag their type mark, (or any other type driven parameter) which is how a true BIM windows schedule (for example) would look like.

My wish clearly talks about BIM compliant schedules, and real TAGS in legend views, which, except for Material Tags, are STILL not supported (I tried again in 2018 ).
    What do Dimensions have to do with either of these?

Q1: Seriously, no one vets "An AUGI member" reports? This is a basic feature, not some complex workaround.

Q2: How do we correct this "Granted Reports"?

Thank you

Regards

Gio

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Wish granted? Seriously?

You can send an email to wishlistadmins at augi dot com.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn