See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Spaces and SF Chart

Login to Give a bone

Default Spaces and SF Chart

I am using ACA 2017

We use spaces to calculate our square footages and then put them into a chart. We have the chart auto populate the total. I have the precision set to 0 but the chart is still reading numbers past the decimal to calculate the total. So if my square footages are 1804 and 1904, it's auto populating the total to 3709. How do I get AutoCAD to only add the numbers listed on the chart?
    If I change the precision to .00 it will keep adding past that precision as well. Do I have my settings set up wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I've attached a pdf of the settings and the chart so you can see it's not adding up properly.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Spaces and SF Chart

When calculating the total of a column, ACA uses the raw, unrounded numbers, which can, as you have found, result in a total that differs from the sum of the rounded numbers that are displayed in the Schedule Table. This blog article describes a way to do the desired rounding in a formula property, so that the numbers displayed are the numbers that are used to calculate the total, eliminating any discrepancy. The article contains a number of links to other articles about rounding, should you want to learn more about that topic.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you so much, David. I have read several articles and posts and even downloaded your "space area rounding test01.zip" file. But I haven't been able to figure out how to have the square footage round to the whole number. I see you have it rounding to 0.01 or 0.05. How do I get it to add just the whole number?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Heather_W View Post
    Thank you so much, David. I have read several articles and posts and even downloaded your "space area rounding test01.zip" file. But I haven't been able to figure out how to have the square footage round to the whole number. I see you have it rounding to 0.01 or 0.05. How do I get it to add just the whole number?
    If [BaseArea] is a proper reference to a property that holds the area value to be rounded, then a formula property of

Round( [BaseArea], 0 )

will round to the nearest whole number. Note that the Round function rounds exactly one half "to even". So, 0.5 would round to 0, 1.5 and 2.5 would both round to 2, 3.5 and 4.5 would both round to 4, etc.