Thread: PARCELS

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default PARCELS

I have a dwg that i copied and erased everything except the original survey data. in that original drawing i had used parcels...(big mistake)

now i want to create some feature lines to do some grading for detention pond. upon creating the grading a rogue parcel label appears.
    i don't have any sites and i cant delete or explode the label to get rid of it. it shows in properties its on a site, but i have deleted all the sites.

i cannot figure out where this thing is coming from. all layers on on, thawed, and unlocked.

at my wits end.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: PARCELS

In my experience if you click on a parcel label it should highlight the parcel lines associated with the parcel, do you not see lines when selecting the label? Otherwise you're saying that if you go to your toolspace, prospector tab, and review every site there is no parcels being shown under any site?

A work around might be to edit the parcel area label style and set it to no display and be done with it. We might need to be able to see the drawing otherwise.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Basically that's it. prospector shows no sites or parcels. and when you select the parcel label, nothing highlights.

the funny thing is, when i create a feature line it asks what site to put it in, it shows 3 sites named Site 1 and two others with lot numbers, but in the prospector nothing is there.

maybe i'll try doing a recover on the file.

Login to Give a bone

Try creating a new Site, select the Parcel, right click, move it to the new Site, then try and delete the new Site from Prospector.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

not sure how, but somehow i managed to bring up the edit parcel style dialog and noticed in the display tab that the parcel segments layer was off.
    after turning it on, i was able to select the parcel and delete it. problem solved.

no idea why or how that was changed to begin with and why it kept showing sites and parcels that didn't exist.