See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Osnap Snap Divisions

Login to Give a bone

Default Osnap Snap Divisions

I have an idea that needs improvement. Many years ago I wrote a function I called (snapdiv) and it functioned like an osnap, but based on divisions. My version would only work on ordinary lines, which was great, but had limited functionality. I always wanted it to work on arcs and polylines, and splined or curve fit polylines as well, and perhaps other complex entities like 3dfaces and basically anything that an ordinary snap would work.

The way it worked was the user would enter a draw command like a "line" command and then the user would choose (snapdiv) from a toolbar button, after selecting the entity, the user is prompted to enter an integer number which represents the number of divisions the user desires, then a point is returned to the command. If the user entered 3, then it would return the nearest third point to where the user picked the line. Four would be nearest quarter point, and so on. If the user entered 2, the the point returned would be either a midpoint or an endpoint. Perhaps it would be best to exclude the endpoints from being returned, which I did not do in my original program.

Can anyone here assist in rewriting a function that will do this and will work on more than just lines?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Osnap Snap Divisions

You might consider Giles' OsnapPalette app in Exchange Store, which implements an FRC (Fraction) OSNAP that you can specify the 'divide':

https://apps.autodesk.com/ACD/en/Det...en&os=Win32_64

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000