See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: cogo points

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default cogo points

has anyone experience a problem with moving cogo points.

someone else in the office moved a group of points from a temporary location to the correct location and a few of the points were not in the same relative position to the others.
    is there some setting or command that allows the points to move?

according to him in the 2006 version it asked you if you wanted to move the points.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: cogo points

HI
    they move easily unless locked. you need to check if the points that didn't move were locked. Is there a red circle with a red slash through the point in the prospector.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: cogo points

I have no experience with 2006 (started in 2010), but cogo points can/can't be moved depending on how they got in the drawing. If you manually created cogo points then they are basically just like any other object, you can move them around and AFAIK there is no setting that prompts you about moving the points around. If they were imported through a survey database then they are locked unless you unlock them (the idea being: these are shots depicting real world objects so you probably shouldn't be moving them). Can't remember off the top of my head if points from file insertion will be locked or not on insertion (almost never use it).

It sounds like all your points moved, but they are not in the right position/configuration anymore, points that were 5 feet away are now 3 feet off, or whatever. If that's the case it sounds like user error. If you selected 50 points and only 40 of them move then some of the points are locked and you need to unlock them before moving. As Remi said you'd need to check in toolspace if they are locked. The prospector tab is a good place to start, but if you have a survey database for the drawing you will need to go into the database itself, select the import event, and unlock the points. Given that they were put in a temporary place from the start it doesn't sound like it's originating from a survey database (or at least I don't know why they would be) so I'm going to err on the side of user error.