Summary: I believe that introducing a way to have some template hierarchy could be beneficial to efficient management where multiple project templates are needed.

Description: I currently work at a firm that is multi-discipline and considered full-service. As such, there are many different perspectives and needs which I try to accommodate. One item which might be of help is the ability to control some aspects of a project/model file by the use of a nested, overlayed, or linked project template. Ideally, I would like a system where I can have a "master template" that allows me to control line types, text, titleblocks, etc. and that that template can inform either another template, or, ideally, a project in a live connection. In this way, if we find that our text must change (for instance), then I could add it to the template, and a user would get a pop-up that the template was changed and to reload it.

I understand some of the challenges of a system like this. Again, ideally, it would be something that one could control that which was managed by the master template - in a similar way that our key schedules can control certain parameters that are then just "read" by that element within the model.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: alexanderc on 12/21/2017