See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Revit 2019?

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit 2019?

The first Autodesk software typically comes out mid-March. the third week of March is usually a good guess. Then the release of software goes into April, usually the second or third week, mostly due to the "packages/bundles" of software that get released. There are a few products that does not apply toward, but Revit and AutoCAD do not fall into that category. That's been happening for about 2 decades now, so everyone just assumes that since their college age children were not born yet the last time this release cycle did not happen, that it's just going to happen as it always has. It will this year as well.

As far as .3.... it will either get released soon or just incorporated into 2019. Most likely, it will be soon and likely it's just a stability release.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

barely amusing

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    ...And those of us who've been around for awhile (right, Steve?) know the reputation R13 had.
    Supposedly, ever since, Autodesk has refused to pre-announce any ship dates.
    Like I said, probably a legend, but it's a good story.
    The other theory is simply because it was #13.
    Arrgh, you've given me a flash-back to the War years (the Great Late 90's CAD War).

I remember R13. As a fresh-out-of-uni grad I had to install R13. On DEC Alphas (great machines) running the then-very-new Windows NT. I took a digitiser tablet to the knee when we tried to get it to integrate nicely with our older SUNSparc Eagle Modeller platform. That knee still gives me trouble when I use the XREF command.

I'm not superstitious, 13 is just the number after 12; but that story rings true. R13 was a monumental train-wreck of a release.

Login to Give a bone

Revit 2018.3 update is finally released

And Revit 2019 as well
    Last edited by a_meteni; 2018-04-11 at 12:21 PM.

Digital Delivery Director Brian Myers's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Esdaile View Post
    I'm not superstitious, 13 is just the number after 12; but that story rings true. R13 was a monumental train-wreck of a release.
    I first used AutoCAD on release 9 and used it professionally first on release 10. Release 9 was OK but weak.... 10 was better. 11 was weak (generally considered a bad release) but 12 was good. 13 was a bad release but 14 was good. Release 15 would have been next, but they renamed it to be 2000. Sure, it was to capitalize on the year 2000, but a part of me always looked at 9, 11, and 13 (odd numbers) and thought psychologically they did 2000 because it was an even number to break the every other (odd number) release streak.

Login to Give a bone

The theory with the even/odd AutoCAD releases is that they followed the Star Trek movie pattern.
    The even numbered ones were the good ones. The odd ones sucked.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by DaveP View Post
    The theory with the even/odd AutoCAD releases is that they followed the Star Trek movie pattern.
    The even numbered ones were the good ones. The odd ones sucked.
    Hmm ... interesting analysis. I can't disagree.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12