Thread: Data shortcut pipe networks while maintaining pipe/structure styles

Wish List Administration

Default Data shortcut pipe networks while maintaining pipe/structure styles

Summary: We would like to be able to data shortcut a gravity pipe network and maintain the visual aspects of the structures like block style and rotation angle.

Description: We would like to be able to data shortcut a gravity pipe network and maintain the visual aspects of the structures like block style and rotation angle. Currently this functionality does not exist and produces additional drawing edits and maintenance during the course of a project. We would like to be able to synchronize the pipe network data shortcut and have these properties sync with the source drawing.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD Civil 3D - Pipe Network

Submitted By: xDaVeN on 01/19/2018

Default Re: Data shortcut pipe networks while maintaining pipe/structure styles

1+

I've long used [Gravity] Pipe Networks for both Stormwater (obviously) and my pressurized water & force mains as well, using Null structures with the appropriate Block assigned for a given pipe end treatment or fitting/appurtenance. DREF screws all of this up, even though it's correct in the DREF Source. For these reasons, I no longer DREF Pipe Networks at all, I simply design them in my model drawing, and XREF that into my sheet/exhibit drawings and use Civil 3D Labels in the for-print drawing. Less maintaining of DREFs, and all of the same Label benefits, which result in less DWG bloat on the network, which saves time on backups, etc.

So basically, I only DREF something if it cannot be properly Labeled via XREF. Haha

Cheers #DillyDilly
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000