Thread: Autodesk Product Installation Via SCCM

Login to Give a bone

Default Autodesk Product Installation Via SCCM

Hello Everyone!

I am hoping that there may be some really good advice here.

Our company is rolling out the installation of Autodesk 2018 products, Revit, Max, Autocad, Navisworks, FabricationCAD MEP, Advanced Steel, Robot, Bridge design, Infraworks etc. Basically the AEC Collections.

We are doing this via a software called SCCM. This involves a couple of steps.

1. The BIM Managers compile the list of Autodesk Software that is needed, along with service packs for each software Package.
    2. These are then compiled into a SCCM Package by our I.T Department.
    3. I.T then Runs a couple of test installations with the BIM management team involved. These are on separate PCs, Login as I.T Administrator.
    4. Notes are taken as to which packages did not install as well as the service packs.
    5. I.T and BIM then checks each installed software whether it launches correctly.

This is where we are running into problems.

1. Due to the way in which our company has had to buy additional AEC Collections, we have Different contracts that have different Serials.
    2. SCCM installs everything as a Trial version.
    3. When we launch the programmes, they go straight into trial version. We tried activating via user Autodesk account login - no activation. Then on the next launch we tried inserting the Serial for the product - this works. This is a minor problem although very irritating.

The next problem is our main concern.

1. The registry Key for the Product Serial does not change even after the Autodesk product has been activated. It still reads as a 000-0000000 number.. It sounds petty but it is a huge risk to our company if we were to be audited, even if we did activate the software after installation.

We logged this with Autodesk and their reply was that it is a legacy problem with their software up to 2016. 2017 and onwards the problem was solved. But it is not. 2018 still has this problem, see image attached.

Is there a way to correct this?Has anyone else built SCCM installation packages for 2018 Autodesk Software?

Any Help and Advice will be much appreciated.

Regards
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Autodesk Product Installation Via SCCM

Welcome to AUGI.

I elected to not use SCCM here, as we just don't have the number of users to justify all of that extra work, so I can't really help with that.

However, regarding your multiple contracts of AEC Collection, I too was experiencing this issue, and after weeks of emailing my reseller and Autodesk, I replied to some tweet by Andrew Anagnost who ended up having someone from his Corporate escalation team contact me to effectively combine my contracts into a single pool of licenses - each contract provides the same product, so I argued that with today's technology we should be able to track what contract is what on the back end, and utilize the same Serials for the same products on the front end for deployments - they completely agreed, and did whatever they have to do on their end to make it so I now simply deploy using ONE Serial, and all of my AEC Collection seats activate without issue.

PM me your contact info, and I'll reach out to them on this.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000