Thread: Unjoining Elements

Wish List Administration

Default Unjoining Elements

Summary: Turn off or get rid of the annoying error message every time you unjoin elements.

Description: Error - cannot be ingnored, Can't keep elements joined...no kidding, that's because I just pulled the two elements apart. For all the press Autodesk puts out that Revit will speed up your productivity, why oh why do I have to approve this error message every time I move a line or wall that is connected. Have you ever gotten this message and thought, oh thanks for the warning. Or, are you like me and think, why do I have to approve this error message for something that really isn't an error (since I am intentionally doing it) day after day, hour after hour, sometimes minute after minute. What is even more annoying is that you get this error message even if a wall's ends are set to disallow joining. Can't keep elements joined...WHAAAAT...they are not even supposed to be joined, isn't that the whole point of disallowing joining the endpoint of a wall...? Save us time and allow us at a minimum the option to universally shut off this annoying notification.

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Other

Submitted By: Rock Fish on 02/13/2018

Default Re: Unjoining Elements

Even more annoying is that "cancel" is selected by default - not unjoin! It wouldn't be as miserable if i could just hit enter and continue. This is perhaps the biggest disruption to my workflow.