Thread: DPC & DPM

Login to Give a bone

Default DPC & DPM

Hi All

I want to model the DPM "damp proof membrane and DPC" & DPC, has anyone any ideas on how to go about it. Everyone I have asked says just add it in a callout of Std details.
    Reason for modelling "Besides being lazy" is, I generally get large or unusual buildings to do building control drawings and they could have 20-25 sections and Building control required the DPM & DPC shown on each section.

All help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DPC & DPM

You could model it as in in-place sweep. I'm thinking that might be the best so you can control the profile of it for each instance.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: DPC & DPM

Thanks Dave
    I was thinking that, but I have posted a project on Freelancer to create an addon, and I have awarded it to someone with a 30day turn around, I think it is important to be able to model the hole house. It saves the monkey "me" from having to worry about. If the freelancer is successful I will get him to add lead valleys, stepped DPC as well. This is what I have been doing with AutoCAD for the last 15years It pays for itself a 1000 time over.. "I have over 600 Lisps" I made about 300 myself. My blocks are mostly dynamic and 60-70 are parametric.