Thread: ACA 2018 AEC Elevation Ghosts

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default ACA 2018 AEC Elevation Ghosts

Hello all,
    I'm not sure if this is the right forum or not, but here goes:
    When creating 4 elevations of my building, I use the annotation tool Exterior (Elevation) denoted by four elevation markers pointing to a center point. So, when I go to insert the AEC 2D Elevations that are linked to my model, all of these white boxes appear from what I assume are prior elevations that have been deleted. They do not show up unless I am creating new elevations and I can't find a layer to turn on or off to show them so I can get rid of them. Since they are still there, how do you purge those out of the drawing or is that even possible? Any help would be greatly appreciated, and if I'm not in the correct forum, if you could direct me to the appropriate one, that would be great. I don't visit the forums a lot, but every now and then, I run into an issue and I usually find an answer. This time, I have not been so lucky. Thanks for your help!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: ACA 2018 AEC Elevation Ghosts

When you use the callout tools, a named Model Space View is created for each elevation or section generated. When selecting a location to place the elevation(s)/section(s), ACA highlights the existing Model Space Views by showing white rectangles of each one's extents, to avoid dropping the new ones on top of any existing ones. If you are placing the elevations/sections in your current file, and do not have the layers of any previous section/elevations frozen, you should be able to see any previous ones, and the highlights may not be really necessary. But if you are working in an ACA Project (Project Browser/Project Navigator), you can choose to place the elevations/sections in an existing View drawing. In that case, while you are picking a point in the current drawing, you may not remember where the previously created elevations/sections are, and having the Model Space Views in that file highlighted in the current file helps to avoid overlaps.

Erasing previously created elevations or sections in a drawing will not delete the associated Model Space View. Use the VIEW command to open the View Manager. You can select and delete unwanted named Model Views there.

Note also that you can manually create named Model Space Views in a file. I often do so if I need to work in one or more areas repeatedly over the course of a project. Those will also be outlined when using the callout tools.