Summary: Comments below from a frustrated customer

Description: We're a Channel Partner, someone suggested I should share my customer's comments with AUGI; client is a Civil Engineer & Landscape Architecture firm, please see below:

"We don’t use REVIT other than to convert drawings into Sketchup when need be.

Unfortunately Autodesk has always neglected the field of Landscape Architecture. They have dozens of products but nothing special for us. I have looked at the ways to use it within REVIT, and it's just not really all that functional for our workflow and worth training folks on a very sophisticated software that really wouldn’t be used that much.

Before I brought on Larry (Larry is their Civil Engineer), Vectorworks Landmark was the truest and closest thing I have ever seen for a near perfect execution for LA. Problem is that my civils work in Civil 3D and we work in XREFS with every project. Importing and exporting was a pain. We tried to make the workflow function but went back to LandFX, which is the next best thing. This is used by nearly every decent LA firm in the country for plant design documentation. Its nearly flawless except for one thing. It doesn’t create very nice color renderings.

I cannot for the life of me understand why Autodesk never really put any energy into the Impression software from a few years ago. We waste thousands of hours getting CAD into Photoshop only to have to go back to CAD to revise something, then go back to PS, then back to CAD……over and over. It would be great if they finally would create a strong platform that when I updated my CAD drawing the referenced drawing was updated. There was a 3rd party product we used at CJS called mcolor. Apparently this software hasn’t had an update in nearly 10 years. It was OK.

Impressions had a TON of promise but came out of the box very buggy. But we were still trying to make it work before being discontinued. Its something I would gladly pay $2500 for a license. We would use it constantly. Sketchbook is just a hand drawing version of Photoshop and not functional other than to sketch which I use often in other applications."

Product and Feature: Revit Architecture - Site tools

Submitted By: jlove766064 on 04/06/2018