Thread: Is there a way to calculate total distance or length when using conduits in Revit?

Login to Give a bone

Default Is there a way to calculate total distance or length when using conduits in Revit?

When drawing out routes and assemblies in Revit to translate to the field, I usually get question like whats the total length of the feeder. I'm not sure how I could use Revit to come up with the answer. I usually have the track each feeder back per sections add them up then count up the elbows add those in and round them up. Is there a better way of doing this?

Also it would be nice if cable trays had this feature as well.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Is there a way to calculate total distance or length when using conduits in Revit?

I haven't played around with them much, but I would suspect that you could set up each run with a unique identifier. Maybe new parameter called Run Number (Or use the Service Type, but I'm not sure what that's used for) Then schedule them and group them by run number - Calculate the length and have Revit total it. I'm guessing you could do a similar thing for Fittings. Apply the same parameter to them and you can get a count.

It also looks like there's an option to do a schedule for Conduit runs. That might be easier.
    I don't do electrical work, but that sounds like the solution your might be looking for.