Thread: Revit and VR

Login to Give a bone

Default Revit and VR

Hello! I didnt see a post about this so i figured I would start the discussion.

In recent conferences I have attended, I am seeing VR being talked about very often. How are others tackling VR implementation with their Revit workflows and have there been any challenges that have come up since its implementation?

Due to and becoming cheaper, I have also seen a wider adoption of programs like and to use on a wider scale thanks to VR.

(Mods: If this is in the wrong section, please move freely.)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Revit and VR

We've used a form of VR on several different projects. We haven't really changed much int he workflow of the project. You just need to build in more time to set materials and find more visually correct families.
    Of course that depends on what you want to present and how you want to present it.
    I see it for use in 3 different ways.
    First is selling the project to the client. So instead of producing still, flat images you need to create 360 panos and have a way to share them, via a mobile option with say google cardboard or Oculus Go. In which case you need to plan out the view and how you want to tell that story.
    Second might be selling the updated design change, or for use during the actual design, with something like Enscape or Autodesk Live (via Stingray) to generate something you can put on a Rift or a Vive headset or similar and walk around in the model and see changes real time.
    Third would be coordination effort with similar products.
    I'm sure I'm missing a bunch. But my main point is, the workflow and level of difficulty and time commitment you want to spend.