Thread: Civil 3d

Login to Give a bone

Talking Civil 3d

I'm just starting to work with Civil 3d and have was questions, 1) can finish grade surface be created in civil 3d? 2) in LDT a propose centerline finished grade can be created by using the Profile Settings FG Centerline Tangents Create Tangents - How can this be accomplished in Civil 3d?. Aside from the book that accompany the Civil 3d software, is there a book out there that can help me get started in Civil 3D software?

Thx
    nic

I could stop if I wanted to Ammon's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3d

I have the same questions and more.

How do you associate a C3D drawing with a project so that alignment, surface, point, parcel, etc. data is not lost when a drawing crashes? Do I need to work in both LDT and C3D? I think the concept of civil objects is great but I don't want to lose all of my project data in order to use them.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Civil 3d

There is a new Civil 3D 2006 coursebook that I would recommend to answer questions like you have posted. To create the FG centerline, you would use Profiles-->Create by Layout which will bring up a tool bar that will allow you to set your vertical tangents and curves on the appropriate profile view.

With regards to data sharing, you can only share Points, Surfaces, Alignments, and Profiles. Once you get used to the concept of Data Shortcuts and Creating References, it works really well... it's pretty solid. To create a project, you need to set your Toolspace to the Master View as opposed to the Active Drawing View and then you will see the Projects area which you can then create your projects. You would then attach your drawings to the specific project and start creating the Data Shortcuts and References noted above.

Danny Counts
    L.A. CAD