See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: "Frame" field for Concrete flared end sections

Login to Give a bone

Default "Frame" field for Concrete flared end sections

I'm trying to figure out how I can add the "Frame" field into the Part Data section of the Part Properties for concrete flared end sections. This is a field displayed for cylindrical structures, so I'm able to display whatever the casting is in a table. For concrete flared end sections the field is not available and defaults to "Standard" in a table.
    Capture.JPG

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Frame" field for Concrete flared end sections

As you can see FRAME parameter isn't there because the flared end section belongs to a different family of structures than junction structures. The available standard parameters and optional parameters a defined in an xml file within the folder structure of the pipe catalog location.

The name of the file is "AeccPartParamCfg.xml" and in 2018 it is located at "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\Pipes Catalog\Aecc Shared Content". Open this file with a text editor and scroll down till you find the line that reads "<AeccPartTypeCfg type="Struct_Junction" desc="Junction Structure">". Below this entry are the parameters for junction structures. Note there is a line that reads "<AeccOptParam context="StructFrame"/>". Copy this line. Scroll down a little more and you'll see the parameters for Inlet - Outlet Structures. Enter a new line below "<AeccOptParam context="StructLength"/>" and paste in the frame line copied from the junction structure. Reload civil 3d, open the part in partbuilder and FRAME should now be an available optional parameter. In you drawing file where the structure is being used you may need to swap it to a different part and then back again to get it to re-bake the part from the new recipe. You may have to go as far as removing it from the parts list and re-adding.

If you're in a multi-user environment you'll need others to have access to this altered xml and modified part in order for them to make more of this part in their own drawings. Anyone can read a file with an altered/custom part, they just can't make for of them.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: "Frame" field for Concrete flared end sections

Quote Originally Posted by MMccall View Post
    As you can see FRAME parameter isn't there because the flared end section belongs to a different family of structures than junction structures. The available standard parameters and optional parameters a defined in an xml file within the folder structure of the pipe catalog location.

The name of the file is "AeccPartParamCfg.xml" and in 2018 it is located at "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\C3D 2018\enu\Pipes Catalog\Aecc Shared Content". Open this file with a text editor and scroll down till you find the line that reads "<AeccPartTypeCfg type="Struct_Junction" desc="Junction Structure">". Below this entry are the parameters for junction structures. Note there is a line that reads "<AeccOptParam context="StructFrame"/>". Copy this line. Scroll down a little more and you'll see the parameters for Inlet - Outlet Structures. Enter a new line below "<AeccOptParam context="StructLength"/>" and paste in the frame line copied from the junction structure. Reload civil 3d, open the part in partbuilder and FRAME should now be an available optional parameter. In you drawing file where the structure is being used you may need to swap it to a different part and then back again to get it to re-bake the part from the new recipe. You may have to go as far as removing it from the parts list and re-adding.

If you're in a multi-user environment you'll need others to have access to this altered xml and modified part in order for them to make more of this part in their own drawings. Anyone can read a file with an altered/custom part, they just can't make for of them.
    I typically copy my "Pipes Catalog" and the included Aecc Shared Content folder to a network path. I then must repath the pipes catalog within Civil 3D to point to the new networked path. It keeps your edited files safe from program updates and allows one to create/edit parts for all to use.
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt