Thread: Custom Columns in the Layer Properties Manager (NOT FILTERS)

Wish List Administration

Default Custom Columns in the Layer Properties Manager (NOT FILTERS)

Summary: Custom Columns in the Layer Properties Manager whether filters applied or not

Description: Ability to add custom properties in the layer properties manager so that I could add custom columns like supplier - by us / by them, another column discipline -mechanical / electrical / structural and another column for phase - current / phase 1 / phase 2 / future. As per my 3 columns you could have a layer with any of these combinations in it's property. ie by us/mechanical/phase 1. I could then sort columns based on a certain criteria ie sorting all layers based on the phase. if I didn't need a custom column I could just remove it. The best way is to have the user specify the criteria required. as maybe the want a custom column by department or numbered OR solid / hidden(broken)......?!?!?! Based on the property you use to sort it, it would then shown in this order in the layer pull down menu in your drawing space. This information only handy to organize layers into a logical way for the end user and does not have to be an actual assigned property, thus only visible in the LPM when managing layers to maybe have the most used at the top.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - User Interface

Submitted By: wrmarshall on 08/15/2018

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Default Re: Custom Columns in the Layer Properties Manager (NOT FILTERS)

You could put the discipline in the Description Column and select it for layer order.

You would be limited by 1 column only, where 3 columns would sort out the ALL layers.

Certifiable AUGI Addict

I think you're looking in the wrong place, sounds like what you're looking for is a BOM table. I can't see them changing the Layer Properties Manager for one person.
    Organizing layers as you described has been done with layer names for many years. Check out: https://www.nationalcadstandard.org/...s5_clg_lnf.pdf
    They make controlling the display of disciplines with filters very simple as well. The default layers for Civil 3D use these OOTB.

The chances of this being added to core AutoCAD are 0.000000000000000000000000000001

Your only real chance of getting something like this done is to employ a programmer to write a custom layer command, that can reference and display other, new data attached to the layer (perhaps using XDATA?)
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |