Thread: Find / Replace inside of a field

Login to Give a bone

Default Find / Replace inside of a field

Alright - here's what I'm having issues with right now. I have a field in my title block that is pulling in the Filename. However, it was discovered that the Filename field variable does not export out with Sheet Set Manager's drawing index. Client requirements dictate the filename on the index. We have a custom sheet variable created that will 'dummy' in the filename. I would like to Find and Replace the field string for the Filename and replace it with the field string for the custom 'filename'.
    However, i'm finding that Search and Replace doesn't seem to work within field strings. Regardless or not if I search for the 'code' ( %<\AcVar Filename \f "%tc1%fn6">% ) or if I search for the 'printed output' (12345-C-100.dwg).

Anyone have a solution to Search and Replace to make my life easier? I'm looking at opening and manually replacing code on 500+ sheets. Sure, it's just copying from clipboard the new %<\AcSm Sheet.FILE NAME>% variable, but it's still a lot. I'm using 2018 products.

Thanks!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Find / Replace inside of a field

Quote Originally Posted by magnusonzach View Post
    Alright - here's what I'm having issues with right now. I have a field in my title block that is pulling in the Filename. However, it was discovered that the Filename field variable does not export out with Sheet Set Manager's drawing index. Client requirements dictate the filename on the index. We have a custom sheet variable created that will 'dummy' in the filename. I would like to Find and Replace the field string for the Filename and replace it with the field string for the custom 'filename'.
    However, i'm finding that Search and Replace doesn't seem to work within field strings. Regardless or not if I search for the 'code' ( %<\AcVar Filename \f "%tc1%fn6">% ) or if I search for the 'printed output' (12345-C-100.dwg).

Anyone have a solution to Search and Replace to make my life easier? I'm looking at opening and manually replacing code on 500+ sheets. Sure, it's just copying from clipboard the new %<\AcSm Sheet.FILE NAME>% variable, but it's still a lot. I'm using 2018 products.

Thanks!
    Quick question, is this field in an attribute with built in code?
    If so, why couldn't you re-define the block with new code in that attribute tag, and run a script to replace the title blocks?

Just a thought

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Find / Replace inside of a field

It is in an attribute, but we have several other 'manually entered' attributes and fields, so replacing the entire block would require going in and re-linking or re-filling those attributes.

It's a good thought, however.