See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Edit/Remove scales from the Scale List

Login to Give a bone

Question Edit/Remove scales from the Scale List

This has probably been answered before, but search isn't bringing up anything, so here goes:

I'm getting a bunch of "underbar" scales in my Scale List. These aren't the same as the dreaded "_XREF" ones, but they are duplicates of other scales.

1:1 (100%)
    1:1_1 (100%)
    1:1_2 (100%)
    1:1_3 (100%)
    etc

Scale_List.JPG

I read somewhere, that since the scale bar names cannot be duplicated if there is a difference between them, it adds the underbar_sequence number, but these are all the same percentage and factor values.

I'm posting this in the C3D area, as I have not run into this issue to this extent outside of C3D - we had a previous project in version 2016 that this was also happening in. We figured it had something to do with scale factors being set inside of the label settings, or other C3D specific functions. They don't appear to be pulling from the xrefs either.

This has gotten to the point where sheet views are not displaying or scaling correctly because the 'model space' might be set at 1:1, and the vport has a scale of 1:1_2 (so they don't 'match').
    We are using Metric with drawing settings of 1:1000 (1mm = 1m)

Any suggestions on how to track down and eliminate these rogue scale factors?

Thanks

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Edit/Remove scales from the Scale List

I don't know the answer, but are you able to delete these rogue scale list entries and then save the drawing?
    If so, do they reappear as soon as you open the drawing again?

We run a utility at startup than erases the list then repopulates it based on a standard we define. That way drawings do not become polluted with these.
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

Nope - they are not removed with the 'Remove' command. Is there a deeper level command to purge this list?

Login to Give a bone

If you can't remove them, they are referenced somewhere.
    So how is a viewport getting assigned the scale name "1:1_2"
    Are you saying that this is happening without a human doing it?
    R.K. McSwain | CAD Panacea |

Login to Give a bone

That's what I am trying to figure out. I've set both the model space scale factor and the paper (vport) scale to be, say 1:1 - and I'm still getting the 1:1_1, 1:1_2, etc. populating through the list. They can't be deleted ("In Use"), I don't know where they are coming from, why Acad thinks they are different, and how to reset whatever is causing them to do this.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

They may have come in with an annotative object or layout through Design Center.
    Like rkmcswain implied as long as they're referenced in the drawing you can't remove them
    Have you tried unlocking the viewport and switching the scale to one you wish to keep? That may enable you to delete that one at least.

If we could take a look at the drawing we might be able to offer a solution.

Lots of lisp out there for this issue, but while some could even remove a scale that is referenced that could create other issues you may not want so be careful. Finding objects that reference them and either removing the reference or changing the reference to another scale so the scales can be deleted normally is the best solution.

https://www.cadtutor.net/forum/topic...comment-517452
    https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/civil...sp/m-p/5647666
    also found at http://www.cadforum.cz/cadforum_en/d...asp?fileID=724

Login to Give a bone

This one had a ton of them in it (see image above), then I removed all the 'sensitive' information, and purged it, and it brought down the rogue list considerable. I see in my saved views, I have the 1:1_3 saved, but that still doesn't explain where the _1 and _2 are coming from.

scalelistedit_temp.dwg

Since I purged out blocks and symbols, that might be where some of them are coming from. I'll have to dig into those more closely.

Seems odd that there isn't a 'combine' function...

-edit -
    digging around, I find my paperspace annotation scale is set using the 1:1_2 setting. CANNOSCALE does not help, as it won't accept changes. Working through the Systems Variable Editor also does not work ("New Value Out Of Range").
    Last edited by magnusonzach; 2018-09-11 at 04:55 PM.

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

1:1_1 was referenced on the Model tab, 1:1_2 was referenced in Page Setups CMW_A1_DWG-PDF and REDACTION_Plot_Settings_A1_AcroPlot. After setting Model tab to 1:1 and deleting the layout Page Setups I was able to remove all but 1:1_2 and 1:1_3 because they are still referenced and cannot be deleted. I loaded ScaleListDel.lsp and used the SCALELISTDEL_ command to try removing scales with the "-" underscore in them. I was only able to delete 1:1_2 after deleting the layout as well. You need to take a look at how it was created or imported as well. Lee Mac's Steal from Drawing lisp is a great replacement for Design Center and imports many times as much without any of the same bugs.

Couldn't figure out why zoom extents doesn't fill my screen with that rectangle, is there something hidden somehow?

Every annotative block contains at least one scale reference and from what I've seen elsewhere bringing them in with Design Center or Tool Palettes may be the issue. Experiment bringing them back in to see when the extra scales are added. Using the INSERT command instead shouldn't cause this problem.

Let us know what you figure out, your post will help the next user who has the same issue.

Login to Give a bone

1:1_3 is referenced in the saved views. Once I fixed those, and followed the same steps you did - deleting LAYOUT1 and the page setups - I was able to clear out all of the strays. What a pain in the behind. The zoom extents thing is because of the saved views.

Thanks for looking into this!

Certifiable AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by magnusonzach View Post
    Thanks for looking into this!
    Glad we could help out, I didn't think of the saved views.