Thread: AutoStair LISP

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default AutoStair LISP

Hello
    I have found a lisp file that I would love to use at the fabrication shop that I work at. We are old school so we draw everything in 2d. The lisp file which would work great for us is called Stair Stringers which was developed by John Williams Detailing. Our company fabricate a lot of steel pan stairs for concrete, Serrated grating and checkered plate stairs. This lisp would be perfect developing drawings without manually redrawing the stringers because of different angles and heights. The lisp file is a demo and I have called and tried to contact John Williams to purchase the file however the number is no longer active, and every other number that I called with his name and/or company name did not answer. Does anyone have a recommendation of a lisp file that can draw a stair in section and dimension the profile per the users input? If you know how I can find this person, that would help also. This is the link below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoStair LISP

It'll probably be vaporware.
    That lisp is protected by a method used before vlisp. So you are talking R14 and before.
    There were two files Protect.exe and Open.exe used to encrypt and decrypt them.

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Once upon a time I ,made a LISP to drw a 3d helical stair . if you send me what the data , and a sample as you do now, maybe I can do a lisp to do it.

Sad to say , I lost such lisp . It was my first 3d lisp . maybe 15 years ago .
    Last edited by devitg.89838; 2018-09-25 at 07:58 PM. Reason: bad write

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Devitg I have a sprial staircase lisp we used it for demos just pick a point and a height stair was drawn in full 3d, it is not really practical as it uses a block for each spiral tread including the handrail a simple technique of inserting block at an angle and moving in Z.

Blawrence depending on what your stairs are like there is a lot of stair stuff out there and like devitg there is a lot of people out there who can help point you in the direction of modifying or enhancing code.

The early code protect was done for a reason so people could not give away software, trust me I have personally been contacted asking why our software did not work, simple reason was he was giving it away to some one else who had not paid for it.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

A quick google and found lots of stuff.