See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: Structure Labels

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Structure Labels

As I have upgraded in Civil 3D generally very soon after the newest version has come out I have also done company jumping too.

I give the above info for perspective of why I ask the following question. I remember in 2014 having to have several different structure label styles for a few different reasons One specifically was a manhole that had two invert in's. I remember using 2016 a couple years later and noticed one structure label seemed much more smarter and that I didn't need to use the one that was created for (2) inv ins's anymore.

Is there a smarter structure label style now that replaces the need for 2 or three different label styles?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Structure Labels

I don't think there's been anything smarter added to the in/out pipe labeling abilities of a structure labels. (based on my usage of 2006 and 2015)

Our design requirements always have the 'in's higher than the 'out's so on any structure, other than the upper most end structure, there always at least 2 inverts shown. The upper one gets one as it only has the single OUT pipe. We use the same label style for all both situations as it is set up with two 'text for each' text components, one for the IN and one for the OUT. we do this to force the INs to be labeled before the OUT. If a structure doesn't have an IN pipe the text component for the IN pipe goes away completely and doesn't leave you with fragment of something like "Inv.=" or a gap in the label.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Structure Labels

The batch structure shows the labels for the batches instead of document or page IDs.