Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PNGOUT with transparent background option

Wish List Administration

Default PNGOUT with transparent background option

Summary: PNGOUT image for command macros.

Description: The most difficult part of adding CUI commands is creating images for them. It's the only process not installed with AutoCAD. Having the ability to create images for command macros that could automatically be added to both the *.mnr and *_light.mnr files would make customizing AutoCAD and it's verticals much easier.

Product and Feature: AutoCAD - User Interface

Submitted By: Tom Beauford on 10/08/2018

Default Re: PNGOUT with transparent background option

This should help with converting image backgrounds to be transparent PNG:

http://adndevblog.typepad.com/autoca...nsparency.html
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2018-10-08 at 03:56 PM.
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

I see what you mean now, Tom.

Having just tried using PNGOUT for the first time to see how I might help with this, it's like Autodesk just duplicated the BMPOUT Command code to export a PNG instead of BMP file extension, but otherwise appears to be identical output.

Methinks I can combine the Document.CapturePreviewImage() Method to produce a BMP, then employ the above-linked Bitmap.MakeTransparent() + Bitmap.Save(<FileName>, ImageFormat.Png) Methods to produce the desired result in one go... I'll need some time to tinker between projects.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Certifiable AUGI Addict

I've been using https://www298.lunapic.com/editor/ to resize to 32×32 and set the background transparent and it seemed to work fine. Some took a few tries and I had to rename them each time as they didn't seem to overwrite as I expected. When I imported the 2018 custom CUI into 2019 many of the image backgrounds were off and some of the icons were hokee.

It's the only CUI interface customization I do that requires separate software to do. Just think they could do a better job.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Just think they could do a better job.
    A thousand times... This.

FWIW, you don't need to resize the icons - AutoCAD will automagically resize them for you - as example, I use 1000x1000 PNGs for both small & large.

Computer Specs:

Okay - Well, that was easy. Haha

Code:
                    //<snip>
                    Color color = bmp.GetPixel(0, 0);
                    bmp.MakeTransparent(color);
                    bmp.Save(outFile, ImageFormat.Png);
                    //<snip>
    Putting together an app .bundle to upload (tomorrow?), which implements a custom PNGOUTMODE system variable, that when PNGOUTMODE == 1 the native Command is Veto()-ed and my replacement is called which automagically makes the background color to be transparent. Set PNGOUTMODE == 0 to restore native functionality.

Computer Specs:

Certifiable AUGI Addict

That will make my life easier.
    Thanks!

Do you really use the 'selected objects' or just right click/<Enter> to use 'all objects and viewports'?

I ask, because having this default to the latter is really easy and precludes the need to prompt user at all (relying on the user to first freeze/thaw the needed layers, etc), which makes it more efficient for why I would use this (but not everyone works the same)... Whereas replicating the OOTB Command will take a bit longer.

For 'selected objects' the code-behind either sets Entity.Visible==false for the objects not selected prior to Document.CapturePreviewImage(), or it uses the selection to produce a Block and P/Invokes a BlockTableRecord.PreviewIcon (not sure which until I test it).

Computer Specs:

Certifiable AUGI Addict

Whichever is easier is fine by me. Either would make my life simpler.

I'd used WMFOUT for years to paste into Word documents as the background since with WMFBKGND OFF sets the background color is transparent. Good for lines only and didn't support width. Sadly there's no PNGBKGND.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Beauford View Post
    Whichever is easier is fine by me. Either would make my life simpler.
    PM me you email address and I'll send you something tomorrow.

Computer Specs:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast