Thread: Using If statement and integer parameter to control Family Type parameter

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Using If statement and integer parameter to control Family Type parameter

Hello all,

I am having trouble to using if statement to control different handle type on a faucet.

Here is my setup. I have 5 different handle family nested into the main family.

Faucet_Handle (Family parameter) The nested family are 1_Handle, 2_Handle, 3_Handle, 4_Handle, and 6_Handle
    Handle (Integer parameter) 1,2,3,4,6

My formula for family parameter is as follow:
    if ( Handle = 1, 1_Handle , if ( Handle = 2, 2_Handle , if ( Handle = 3, 3_Handle , if ( Handle = 4, 4_Handle , if ( Handle = 6, 6_Handle , 1_Handle ) ) ) ) )

But it keeps saying 2_Handle is not a valid parameter.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using If statement and integer parameter to control Family Type parameter

I'd check you're spelling. If you're sure that's correct, put the parameter you want to use in "Quotes".
    For things like that I tend to use a Family type selector parameter and just go that route.
    There was a presentation at BiLT 2yrs ago that shows you how to set up a family with a type selector and have it fixed to the type so you can't change it once it's been set.
    The Method you're using works, but for me it's to complicated. I'd rather have 6 types of sinks, one with each faucet. Just my 2 cents. Hope it helps.