I'm having issues with the sheet list table. Trying to find answers on AUGI only frustrates me since there are only answers to specific issues whereas I have almost all the issues. Does anyone know of any tutorials on how to modify the fiddlesticks out of the sheet list? Please pardon my language.

Some of the issues I am having are:
Trying to change the color of a cell outline only changes the verticals
Changing the outline color doesn't stick when I go back into the editor
Making a table style out of the current table doesn't keep the text justifications
Not able to specify columns of a specific width or height
Etc., etc.

Any videos out there only seem to cover the fact that the sheet list exists and how to insert it. They usually say, "Sheet lists! Yes! Right-click, insert! There it is! You're all done!" But that's not enough information.

I'm just at an all-around loss. It would be nice to know it's limits, too. Maybe I'm asking too much from it. Maybe, even though it's been around for years, the sheet list is just not "there" yet. It just doesn't make sense that it's so complicated and unfriendly. I've been using AutoCAD for 30 years so I've been able to understand dimension styles, XREFs, LISP, etc. Heck, I even figured out how to use detail references with the sheet set manager so I know I'm not hopeless.

Any help would be very appreciated.