Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Centralized management of Families / Types / Properties

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Centralized management of Families / Types / Properties

We have been using a product called Avail (found at www.getavail.com). It provides a graphical view of the families with multiple methods of organizing them. It is very affordable as well. They offer a free trial version
    hope this helps.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Centralized management of Families / Types / Properties

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan Lithgow View Post
    I'm wondering if anyone watching this forum has input on tools for managing families and types? We only really know about local products and thought you guys might know about products from further away?

What we're looking for can do the following:
    * Well structured lists og types and families including views of their meta-data synchronized
    * Multi user environment
    * Simple user interface
    * Quality Assurance tools for the BIM model (does the data in the model fit the data in the type database)
    * Access to standard data such as classification and property sets
    * Easy integration of project specific data, families/types & parameters
    * Possibility for flexible sorting of information
    * Generation of object lists including data (for sending to tender and project documentation)
    * Generation of tender lists with quantities
    * Two-way synchronization of data
    * Easy/automatic editing og type names to fit naming structures

Is that too much to ask?

We're looking at these products:
    BIMShark
    GlassHouse
    dRofus > Items
    BIMeye Asset Manager
    NTI
    Ajour BIM
    Dalux Project (preferred solution but discontinued)
    Hi Duncan! I know we're late to the party. I work at Ajour Systems and we have just launched our newest tool, AjourObjects(), which I believe does (at least some) of what you've requested.

* Well structured lists og types and families including views of their meta-data synchronized
    Heres a preview of the way we structure the lists of families and types:

* Multi user environment
    With our web platform coming soon and our Revit plugin, you already now have the opportunity to work with your entire team across continents with AjourObjects.

* Simple user interface
    Heres a few images of the UI:

* Quality Assurance tools for the BIM model (does the data in the model fit the data in the type database)
    We sync all data on objects between your project and the database at all times ensuring that the data is connected. You also have the option to chose the synchronization direction of each individual parameter (say, you want some data to only flow from Revit to the database or you want some data to only flow from database to Revit.)

We have built in classification systems but also allow the users to create their own grouping of objects.

You can filter and sort all data as you wish:

You are always more than welcome to contact our technical BIM & ICT guy, Thomas, on th@ajoursystem.dk

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by dbm786708 View Post
    Hi Duncan! I know we're late to the party. I work at Ajour Systems and we have just launched our newest tool, AjourObjects(), which I believe does (at least some) of what you've requested.

Heres a preview of the way we structure the lists of families and types:

* Multi user environment
    With our web platform coming soon and our Revit plugin, you already now have the opportunity to work with your entire team across continents with AjourObjects.

* Simple user interface
    Heres a few images of the UI:

We sync all data on objects between your project and the database at all times ensuring that the data is connected. You also have the option to chose the synchronization direction of each individual parameter (say, you want some data to only flow from Revit to the database or you want some data to only flow from database to Revit.)

We have built in classification systems but also allow the users to create their own grouping of objects.

You can filter and sort all data as you wish:

You are always more than welcome to contact our technical BIM & ICT guy, Thomas, on th@ajoursystem.dk
    so.. I just realised I cannot post links.. anyhow, Ill try it this way
    Attachment 107814Attachment 107815Attachment 107816Attachment 107817Attachment 107818
    Attached Images Attached Images

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12