Thread: Materials for rendering (i.e. ENSCAPE) and Management of bitmaps within BIM 360

Login to Give a bone

Lightbulb Materials for rendering (i.e. ENSCAPE) and Management of bitmaps within BIM 360

Hello...it's been a very long time...but is there a way to manage Revit Bitmap Materials and allowing multiple users across BIM 360 to be able to view the materials in "Realistic" and/or renderings (i.e. Ensacape)? If not something thru BIM360 (which is how we are sharing working in 1 environment with other firms)...is there a method you have used to help, or prevent the constant change of folder?

User A has material set up to read their network drive P: and shares material with User B
    User B cannot see the image mapped to the material and changes it to their network drive X:
    User A now cannot see the proper material and needs to change the image to look at P: again...and so on...

Is there a BIM360 way in pointing to a shared location?
    If not...do you have a method you prefer in streamlining this? i.e. placing on each user's folder...maybe desktop, documents, or pictures, etc.???? thoughts ideas????

Thanks in advance!

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Materials for rendering (i.e. ENSCAPE) and Management of bitmaps within BIM 360

I've had several long conversations with Autodesk about this issue. Currently the only suggestion they have is to put a folder on your local C drive and make sure all users on the project have the material in that location. Option B is to create a network drives that match. Frankly it sucks. There's not go way to do to this. Desktop connector doesn't do image files. I haven't tried it, but I guess one might be able to set up a Drop Box drive? We do use drop box, but if you can point to it, it might work. Not sure if anything works any different in the new 2019 version of C4R (BIM 360 Doc Management) but maybe.