See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: AutoCAD's Half-Baked Viewport Grip Feature

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: AutoCAD's Half-Baked Viewport Grip Feature

Quote Originally Posted by sdking76 View Post
    Love the idea that the viewport no longer changes size when changing the scale, but I ran into an issue using this app when trying to move or copy a viewport to another location on the sheet. Just doesn't seem to work. The centroid stays at the previous location and the new/moved viewport is blank.
    Glad you like it and thank you so much, for breaking it!

I can't tell you how boring it is if everything just works as expected; it's just not as much fun. Haha

Okay, this gives me something to look into.

Cheers
    "How we think determines what we do, and what we do determines what we get."

Sincpac C3D ~ Autodesk Exchange Apps

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

I am able to reproduce this in 2019... But only for specific Viewport types.

If I copy a new Polyline, 3D Polyline or Region Viewport, it copies fine and the respective grips are exactly where you'd expect them to be. Change the Annotation scale using the Viewport Grip, then copy the 2nd Viewport, results in a 3rd Viewport that also behaves just as expected (grips are where they should be). Moving any of these Viewports, and the grips are where they should be.

If I copy a new Circle Viewport, it copies fine and the respective grips are exactly where you'd expect them to be. Change the Annotation scale using the Viewport Grip, then copy the 2nd Viewport, results in a 3rd Viewport that does NOT behave as expected (centroid/center grip is correct, Viewport grip is NOT where it should be; it is back at the 2nd Viewport). Moving the 2nd or 3rd Viewports results in the Viewport grips NOT being where they should be, whereas moving the first Viewport behaves as it should, until you change the Annotation Scale using the Viewport Grip.

If I copy a new Ellipse Viewport, it copies fine and the respective grips are exactly where you'd expect them to be. Change the Annotation scale using the Viewport Grip, then copy the 2nd Viewport, results in a 3rd Viewport that does NOT behave as expected (centroid/center grip is duplicated, one in is correct, the other is with the Viewport grip which is NOT where it should be; it is back at the 2nd Viewport). Moving the 2nd or 3rd Viewports results in the Viewport grips NOT being where they should be, whereas moving the first Viewport behaves as it should, until you change the Annotation Scale using the Viewport Grip.

If I copy a new 2D Polyline or Face Viewport, it copies fine and the respective grips are exactly where you'd expect them to be. Change the Annotation scale using the Viewport Grip, then copy the 2nd Viewport, results in a 3rd Viewport that does NOT behave as expected (centroid and Viewport grips are NOT where they should be; they're back at the 2nd Viewport). Moving the 2nd or 3rd Viewports results in the Viewport grips NOT being where they should be, whereas moving the first Viewport behaves as it should, until you change the Annotation Scale using the Viewport Grip.

Changing the Annotation Scale via Properties Pane or Quick Properties does NOT result in this undesired behavior.

Changing the Annotation Scale using Properties Pane or Quick Properties after using the Viewport Grip does not fix the undesired behavior.

[Edit] - I am not able to reproduce this in 2019 when the app is not being loaded, so it's definitely something I need to hunt down.

Cheers
    Last edited by BlackBox; 2019-01-21 at 06:01 PM.

Computer Specs:
    Dell Precision 3660, Core i9-12900K 5.2GHz, 64GB DDR5 RAM, PCIe 4.0 M.2 SSD (RAID 0), 16GB NVIDIA RTX A4000

Login to Give a bone

Update:

So, this is actually an API bug within the CopyFrom() method I'm using to replace the resultant Viewport's NonRect Object during Close(), from that which was stored with Clone() method during Open(), prior to the Viewport Grip's GRIP_POPUP Scale change... It is literally copying the new Centroid and Viewport Grips from the previous Viewport NonRec Object, rather than generating them when GetGripPoints() is called, which is frustrating.

Now that I know that, I've successfully fixed Circle Viewports, by precluding the use of CopyFrom() and instead simply restore the Circle.Radius property... However, fixing Face, Ellipse, Polyline2d, and Spline Viewport NonRect Objects may not be as easy, as some of these Viewport NonRect Objects are are the reasons I went with CopyFrom() in the first place. Haha

I'm reporting the issue with CopyFrom() to Autodesk as well, just in case.

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

Well, that was quick... I've fixed Circle, Ellipse, Face, 2D Polyline, and Spline Viewports.

When Scaling via Viewport Grip, for Circle Viewport I simply restore the Radius, for Ellipse and Spline Viewports I SetGeCurve(old.GetGeCurve()), and for Polyline Viewport I simply SetPointAt(index, old.GetPoint2dAt(index)).

I'll be submitting an app update to Exchange later today.

Cheers

Computer Specs:

Login to Give a bone

FYI -

ADN tells me that the new app update is live in the Exchange Apps store.

Cheers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12