See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: pre selecting specific visibilitystate from dynamic block in autolisp

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default pre selecting specific visibilitystate from dynamic block in autolisp

Hallo all,

I am very new with programming and autolisp. My question is if there is a way to tell autocad (with autolisp and command window) to insert a dynamic-block with pre selected visibilitystate.
    Please help me with this i have been searching for a very long time. I found on an autodesk forum some codes from Lee Mac that answers my question, but i don't understand his code.
    If anybody understands it please help me with it. this is the link to the forum:
    If someone understands the code please help me understand it. Thank you in advance

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: pre selecting specific visibilitystate from dynamic block in autolisp

As you've found, it is possible. But it's a rather advanced topic.

Direct copy-paste of utility functions from internet postings might be OK for getting a few things done but it won't help you learn much. You need to work through understanding the basics of LISP first. You use that basic knowledge to understand the more complex works done by Lee Mac and others.

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: pre selecting specific visibilitystate from dynamic block in autolisp

Hi,

What do you mean by pre-selected visibility state?
    Does this mean is that you already selected a dynamic block with a visibility state that you would like to insert the same block name with the same current visibility state that set for the same block? if so then copying the block is the shortest way to achieve this goal.

Or are you after inserting a dynamic block with a certain visibility state to be set right after insertion the block?

If you can upload example drawing with the target dynamic block then this might help a lot along with the desire goal of the codes.