Thread: Overwrite Existing Surface

All AUGI, all the time
    Login to Give a bone

Default Overwrite Existing Surface

I have completed my proposed grading surface. Many grading objects are tied to the existing surface.

The existing surface is imported DTM. Now I updated existing survey data that has overlap and clearly shows bad data in the DTM that my proposed surface is tied to.

Is there a way to overwrite my exsiting surface and keep the proposed surface happy?

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Overwrite Existing Surface

I don't necessarily have an answer for this but I've found myself in similar situations like this before. A long time ago I adopted a work pattern where the final Existing and Proposed surfaces where always built from pasted data. This allowed pasted pieces to be removed and or updated without sacrificing the surface. In this case the DEM would be imported and then pasted into the existing surface. An update would simply be to remove the current pasted DEM from the existing surface edits, import the new one, and paste it to the existing. My drawing templates have these surfaces in them waiting to be defined and things like empty pipe networks set up to use these surfaces once data is entered to define them as well.

Does an imported DEM show as a component/object in a surface definition such that I could be removed from defining it?

Could a newly imported DEM surface be pasted into the current existing surface and replace/overwrite the surface due to the order in which it was added to the surface?