Thread: Accustudio Question

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Accustudio Question

I have downloaded several objects and plants from Accustudio and am curious to know if there is a simple method of converting the .dwg files supplied with this material into a format that can be used with Revit.

I downloaded the 6 part tutorial from Accustudio which seems to start at the beginning with the creation of the objects in AutoCAD. That's fine but my problem is that I have a deadline I must make and don't have the time to read thru the material. Perhaps it is desperate and wishful thinking that there just might be a simple conversion method involved that magically creates the objects such as vehicles, plants, etc.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Accustudio Question

absolutely. From the accustudio site, download and install the latest material maps and library. (mlib file) just copy that mlib file to your rendering directory or make sure to point to it in your file locations dialog box with in revit. Next download the content you want. Import the dwg into a family of the proper type, ie a chair into a furniture family, create a plan symbol if you want, I like to turn the dwg off in plan by picking on it and click visibility and check off plan. Now load into your project, thats it.

Note that many objects are created in metric and you need to scale them up or down, it is typically just a matter of picking the dwg clicking properties and then under the scale of the dwg, try mm with a scale factor of 1, or inch with a scale of 1, or meter with a scale of 1.
    Scott D. Brown, AIA
    Senior Project Manager | Associate

BECK