See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: IE Help!

Login to Give a bone

Default IE Help!

It's been a while since I've been on AUGI other then for idle chatter, so if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologize, but this is driving me NUCKING FUTZ! (that in itself should warrant a CWC post)

I have an administrative site that I need to get to on occasion, and have been getting on it for the good part of a year up until about a month ago.

I thought there was something wrong with the site, but that wasn't the case as another friend in another office can get on it, so I thought it was something in our office blocking access, but a co-worker in this office can get on it, ergo IT'S ME!

I have followed the advise on The Page Can Not Be Displayed page (attached) and gone through my IE changing lower security settings, changing things that seem like they would need changing, basically changing things willy nilly since I not got a clue what needs changing and since it worked at one time, restored my default settings all no avail. (otherwise I would be here!).

Any words of advise would be highly appreciated!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: IE Help!

Quote Originally Posted by LanthierD
    It's been a while since I've been on AUGI other then for idle chatter, so if I'm posting this in the wrong place I apologize, but this is driving me NUCKING FUTZ! (that in itself should warrant a CWC post)

I have an administrative site that I need to get to on occasion, and have been getting on it for the good part of a year up until about a month ago.

I thought there was something wrong with the site, but that wasn't the case as another friend in another office can get on it, so I thought it was something in our office blocking access, but a co-worker in this office can get on it, ergo IT'S ME!

I have followed the advise on The Page Can Not Be Displayed page (attached) and gone through my IE changing lower security settings, changing things that seem like they would need changing, basically changing things willy nilly since I not got a clue what needs changing and since it worked at one time, restored my default settings all no avail. (otherwise I would be here!).

Any words of advise would be highly appreciated!!
    Is that the only page you cannot see?

Also are you on DSL or Dialup?
    Last edited by Li'l Crys; 2005-03-29 at 03:35 PM.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: IE Help!

Well, I obviously don't have the answer to this, but, just wanted to let you know that the appropriate location for this post would be in the Software Forum.
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by cedmiston
    Is that the only page you cannot see?

Also are you on DSL or Dialup?
    yes.

DOH! When I tried to reply with just that answer I got an error message:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters"

So I am posting all that so my message length will be long enough!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mes0945
    Well, I obviously don't have the answer to this, but, just wanted to let you know that the appropriate location for this post would be in the Software Forum.
    ~in haughty taunting voice~ OK FINE, Miss Mod-Er-A-Terrrrr, I'll go there then.
    Can it be moved or do I have to start a new thread there?

Login to Give a bone

yes.

DOH! When I tried to reply with just that answer I got an error message:

"The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters"

So I am posting all that so my message length will be long enough!
    Well I am no expert, but I have had the same problems in the past. Except that it was more than one page. Basically whenever I restarted my computer, I would have to go to Tools>Internet Options>Connections>Dial Up Settings & LAN Settings, and make sure all boxes were UNchecked, the restart IE.
    However, I have joined the land of the living (than you Mike) and switched to Firefox and have not had the problem since.

Login to Give a bone

Talking Re: IE Help!

lol. don't taunt me, I can mess with you!!! um, only in certain forums, I don't have the power in here... ~ashamed~

BUT! dare you step into the autocad community or the lug forum... yeeeeeeeeeah, I'll be waiting...
    Melanie Stone
    @MistresDorkness

Archibus, FMS/FMInteract and AutoCAD Expert (I use BricsCAD, Revit, Tandem, and Planon, too)
    Technical Editor
    not all those who wander are lost

Login to Give a bone

Here ya go...a NICE, FRIENDLY moderator has taken care of moving this one for ya, so you don't take any **** from that other one

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by mes0945
    lol. don't taunt me, I can mess with you!!! um, only in certain forums, I don't have the power in here... ~ashamed~

BUT! dare you step into the autocad community or the lug forum... yeeeeeeeeeah, I'll be waiting...
    neener neener neener ~pppplllllllllllllllll~ ~performs little rascals under the chin wave~ you can't get me, you can't get me...

Hides behind Brenda
    Last edited by LanthierD; 2005-03-29 at 04:28 PM. Reason: because I can

Login to Give a bone

neener neener neener ~pppplllllllllllllllll~ ~performs little rascals under the chin wave~ you can't get me, you can't get me...

Hides behind Brenda
    Oh...um...heheh ~smooths hair and waves to unsuspecting Software forum crowd~
    I had incorrectly posted my question to CWC and Brenda was kind enough to move it for me.
    Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast