Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to print the multi page Drawing list

I could stop if I wanted to nole's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: How to print the multi page Drawing list

Hi Everyone!
    Here is how I solved problem printing multiple page schedule (room schedule of a building):
    In a room tag I created parameter called Floor, then created 3 schedules with this parameter (one for each floor), then filtered those schedules regarding Floor parameter and received different schedules (every of them where one page long) for each floor. Finally I put those schedules on separate sheets and made a print.

Login to Give a bone

Jerry,
    There are a couple of ways:-

1. As Nole mentions in the post above, you can use a parameter to filter the schedule into the parts that fit a sheet.

2. You can split a schedule and move the split parts you don't want off the sheet. Duplicate the schedule, and on the next sheet, repeat that process. Continue in that vein with subsequent sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by jetisart
    >>For, say, thirty to fifty (max) pages (drawing sheets) this is fine - just make the schedule text a notch smaller and it will fit on ONE page. But what if your schedule is for a package of, say, hundred and twenty pages? Your schedule needs to be split...! While you can split the schedule on ONE page (making it in several parts or "columns"), I haven't tried to split it over several pages (still maintaining its integrity). And this is (I think) the real question here...! - And I don't know the answer...
    >>>.

All AUGI, all the time Gadget Man's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Thank you both for your tips.

Both of them are just work-arounds - pity, that you have to look for the work-arounds, rather than the program handling that simple task itself (splitting of the schedules - even into separate ones).

BeeGee's way is a little less messy, so I would be inclined to use that one, when I need it - anyway, both are easy enough.

Thanks again, and I hope it also answered the original question by juha-pekka.rindell....

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by beegee

..You can split a schedule and move the split parts you don't want off the sheet. Duplicate the schedule, and on the next sheet, repeat that process. Continue in that vein with subsequent sheets.
    I have been away for a while but here are couple of comments.

Thanks for everyone answering ! Specially for Jerry getting it right to the point. And for BeeGee having the appropriate work around quoted above. Still, I am a little bit disappointed Revit don't have any more sophisticated way to handle this kind of situation. If there were a 20-30 pages long schedule, I would seriously consider to export it to the excel format, which in turn would be a pity to do because of losing the coordination so essential with Revit.

The pic shows my original intention. Putting several title blocks into single sheet won't be a problem with the "View/new/place titleblock". Splitting the list is OK. Only the printing was unsuccessful.

I would compare my task to the Excel sheet. In Excel the drawing list is done in one single sheet and it is printed as pdf as a one document usually consisting of 5-7 pages in A4 size.

With the help of Revit I was trying to accomplish the Drawing list with a similar kind of logic.

Apparently I have to create as many sheets as there will be pages in the document and bind them together with the batch plot option. I hope I never have to create those long schedules ....unless some kind of API and Excel and Revit 8 or 9 will help me ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

You can actually do exactly what you write there. You create one PDF as high as all the pages will be stacked on top of each other. Then using Adobe Reader you split that PDF into separate pages using the poster print function.

Login to Give a bone

This is a really old post that came back to life in recent days. One thing that caught my eye was that Juha-Pekka was printing to A4 size. That's LETTER size in the US, and it explains why he needed multiple sheets. This tells me he (she? forgive my ignorance of Finnish) is looking to create a report. Under those circumstances I would export to Excel and use all the page setup features of XL, which are better suited to multiple page reports than drawing-oriented Revit.

All AUGI, all the time Duncan Lithgow's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

He was trying to make a long Sheet List work. That's a real no-brainer in Revit - why doesn't multi-page schedules just work? All that work and it still goes to Excel just so we can print it as one document with minimal fuss ...

Anyways, I'm looking forward to implementing my solution mentioned above.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12