Thread: Using Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

Login to Give a bone

Default Using Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

I am modifying the AutoCAD dynamic blocks to meet my company standard. I am adding “Wipeout” to mask behind the “Callout Bubbles” but on the “Elevation – Imperial” file when I rotate the Elevation marker, the Wipeout does not rotate with the Callout.

I have tried using both hatch and wipeout by grouping and blocking but the Wipeout/Hatch does not move with the Callout.

Also, the Draw Order does not seem to remain constant.

Any suggestions?

James Foster

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Using Wipeout in Dynamic Blocks

Hi James

Please note that I have moved this thread from the AutoCAD Customization to this one. I believe it would be better served here.

Login to Give a bone

Did you add the new objects to the action's selection set?

Login to Give a bone

I have a wipeout included in a dynamic block. It works ok for a linear/stretch feature but it no longer works when I use visibility states. Did I do something wrong when I created the block or was this a programing oversight?

Login to Give a bone

Did you set the visibility of the Wipeout for each visibility state? IF you add the wipeout, or any entity, after the vis states are created, you will need to check each state for the new object(s).
    If you have a technical question, please find the appropriate forum and ask it there.
    You will get a quicker response from your fellow AUGI members than if you sent it to me via a PM or email.
    jUSt

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by Opie
    Did you set the visibility of the Wipeout for each visibility state? IF you add the wipeout, or any entity, after the vis states are created, you will need to check each state for the new object(s).
    if you select the wipeout frame, then right click, you have an "Object Visibilty" option, and from there you can select the wipeout (and most other entities for that matter) to be visible in all states.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum

Login to Give a bone

I have used wipeout's in most of my dynamic blocks and they work fine, although you do need to ensure they are selected or included in a stretch or visibility group for manipulation. One thing I have found though (As James also notes) is that if you insert these blocks into a drawing, the drawing order goes out the window (Wipeout ends up on top hiding the block). Has anyone else experienced this?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by b.boyes
    I have used wipeout's in most of my dynamic blocks and they work fine, although you do need to ensure they are selected or included in a stretch or visibility group for manipulation. One thing I have found though (As James also notes) is that if you insert these blocks into a drawing, the drawing order goes out the window (Wipeout ends up on top hiding the block). Has anyone else experienced this?
    i haven't had problems with drworder by sending the frame to the back in Block Editor.

One thing i have noticed is that if you 'move' the frame, but is followed by objects that are within an array action, those objects are 'newer' and will (seemingly) always be above the wipeout.
    Sometimes, i get lost in my own thoughts and need to ask directions to find my way back.
    S&D DB Sharing Forum