See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

Thread: C3D 2024.3 File Locking

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default C3D 2024.3 File Locking

Main System Windows 11 - 24core i9/128gb Memory/24gb GPU - ALL Drivers are updated. Have turned off Hardware Acceleration tried both on and off...drawing size varies 2mb to 20mb and everything in between and smaller... (Grasping at straws so tried things that SHOULD NOT have an affect to see if I get any other result) Have xref demandload set to enabled with copy (for grins I've changed this variable and gotten expected results no change in issue)

Very aware of historical issues with file locking issues...this is a new one to me that I've dug into and not gotten anywhere.

Has anyone noticed issues with 2024.3 Version of C3D (latest sp etc...) having issues saving files? I'm seeing an error "file is being accessed by another session..." (I can do a saveas to another file and the close the file, but AcCoreConsole Process hangs around even after closing file) and it's happening in ALL test circumstances with a single user (me) (Local File Server, Cloud Location, LucidLink, Dropbox location, Google Drive, Local Drive etc...) it only seems to be prevalent since the latest 2024 Update. What I have found is that it is the AcCoreConsole process that has the file that is locked. I have reached out to others to see if they can replicate and so far no has seen issue.

After some testing/digging around, I'm able to recreate if I open an xref from within a drawing, or edit a block within drawing...the ACCoreConsole process is locking the the original file and am not able to save, I'm able to save the XREF I opened or the Block I opened to Edit, but on the original file I have to do a saveas as to another filename.

I initially thought it was cloud/filesystem issue, but that has been ruled out.

Historically I can recreate a file lock issue in just ABOUT ANY ENVIRONMENT with the adjustment of different variables. I've always been able to make Autodesk Products work or fix them(if seeing file lock issues) in some form or fashion in varying environments, Panzura, Nasuni, Talon, Local File Server etc... (with limitations of course) but this issue is a bit different as it's the ACCoreConsole process that is getting hung up. Open an Xref from within a sheet, Edit Block fom within a sheet, it spawns an addition new ACCoreConsole Process for the Xref or Block that you are editing, and the original drawing gets stuck/hung/locked and causes the "source" drawing you were in be "locked" by that process.

I've tried on 2 additional systems
    - Windows 11 Laptop with Xeon/64GB Memory/12GB GPU - All drivers updated and was also on C3D 2024.3 - Can recreate there. Removed put 2024 on system - Issue there without 2024.3 Update (Have not gone back to 2023 on this system) AcCoreConsole is hanging.
    - Windows 10 Laptop with Xeon/64GB Memory/8GB GPU - All Drivers Updated C3D 2023 - No Issue, Upgraded to 2024 no Issue, ran update C3D 2024.3 No Issue

Am I just seeing a bad install? I don't recall seeing this on 2023 on main system or on 2024? But it's been 6 months on this new main system. Not seeing any other issues. Only occasional freeze/lock ups or crashed (those have been few/far between and on know files with issues)

I've also done all the reset profile, repair installation. I have not nuked the installation on the main system....YET. I'm just dealing with the issue for now.

Any thoughts? Autodesk has yet to respond to me, Ticket was submitted January 12th I believe.....

- Third party add-ons? The Main system has tools from various vendors. JTB, ImaginIT, Plex, CCLS, Sincpac, a couple different symbol libraries, some menu driven block libraries etc....
    - The secondary system that is also Windows 11 where I was able to recreate did at one time have most of the tools that are now on the main system. But have been removed/transferred. I have also remove ALL autodesk products from this system, cleaned disk,registry before reinstalling.
    - The System with no issues that I have yet to recreate issue on has Windows 10 vs Windows 11 on the others and only has JTB tools on.

Woo! Hoo! my 1st post
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: C3D 2024.3 File Locking

Bumping this thread/issue, having EXACTLY the same problem.
    MGW
    Windows 10 Pro 22H2 (19045.4170)(current updates)
    AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core (4.55GHz)
    32 Gb RAM
    Civil 3D 2024.3 (13.6.1781.0) (all updates)

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: C3D 2024.3 File Locking

You might try creating a new profile, one that doesn't load any 3rd party apps.

Also, I never edit an xref directly. I right click and Open it. Then make changes in that file. When you save, and go back to the parent file, it will prompt you to reload the xref.
    C:> ED WORKING....

LinkedIn