Thread: Globally set-up standard information across AutoCAD installations

Login to Give a bone

Smile Globally set-up standard information across AutoCAD installations

Does anyone know what file in the AutoCAD 2005 directory controls the registry settings? I have over 100 computers in our network and need to find the one file that controls all the settings. In Revit it's a *.ini. I want to change one file and apply to several computers in our network. Revit makes it very easy with the *.ini but AutoCAD 2005 doesn't seem to have a clear cut file that controls such settings. I know about the *.arg but I don't want to apply profiles just basic settings. I know that 2005 uses a lot of registry key changes. Any help would be great. Thank you.

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Globally set-up standard information across AutoCAD installations

Quote Originally Posted by jgreen.70626
    Does anyone know what file in the AutoCAD 2005 directory controls the registry settings?
    There is a lot of data under - C:\Documents and Settings\User-name\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2006\R16.2\enu\.......... but, for actual registry settings, I'd suggest you first try exporting a suitable acad profile to a .arg file. This the same as a .reg file and may be applied for any user on any machine.

HTH

Login to Give a bone

There is no "one" file that controls all AutoCAD's settings. Perhaps if you told use what you wanted to control we could help you further.

Login to Give a bone

I want to be able to control mapping and user controls. All of our CAD content is located on our server. Our computers are mapped to that drive.

Login to Give a bone

"Mapping" and "user controls"?

Do you mean the AutoCAD support paths? AutoCAD's support paths can be controlled via the ActiveX interface and some code placed in Acad.lsp.

And I have no idea what type of "user controls" you are talking about.

Login to Give a bone

AutoCAD support paths! And user settings.

Login to Give a bone

I'm with John... Export a good profile, place it in a central location, and have everyone import and use that profile.

Login to Give a bone

Thank you...