Thread: Adding fractions to customized font file

Login to Give a bone

Default Adding fractions to customized font file

I need help from a customizing guru!!! I smarter drafter then I, that worked here before I did made a custom font then he left and know has a copy of it here now. All of the fractions he entered as %%131 for 1/16" %%132 for 1/8" and so on. So now all of the text that should be fractions is question marks on a lot of drawings. I have attached a zip containing 2 files in the zip. The romans.shx is just a copy of of the AutoCAD 2004 standard font file. The New.shp is the file that I put together that should show the
    %%code the correct way with fractions after I change font type in the drawing. What I can't get to work is merge the 2 files together and come up with a new romans.shx that works. Maybe I shouldn't be going at it this way maybe it would be easier to have a lisp routine that would take a whole drawing and switch the %%131 to the fraction which would be 1/16"? If that is a better way to do then I am really lost because I use a bunch of Lisp routines but don't have clue how to write a single line of code. Help!!! I have a ton of screwed-up drawings that print with nothing but ?'s for fractions and they are darn hard to build off of.

Thanks Jeff
    Attached Files Attached Files

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Adding fractions to customized font file

Hi

I am honestly not trying to be funny here.... the easiest and best solution is for your company is to directly contact the person responsible and request that they send the Font file used on company property ie. The electronic drawing files.

Have a good one, Mike
    Last edited by Mike.Perry; 2007-05-23 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Correct my poor grammar.

Login to Give a bone

That is the first thing that I thought of. But he was fired and was ****** about it and seems to have disappeared completely No one knows where he is.

Login to Give a bone

If he customized a font for company use, was fired, and took the font with him without leaving a copy at the firm, he is open to litigation.

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

That's why when a company fire's someone, you don't let them back on the computer unless someone from management is there or the IT dept. The IT Dept. can disable them from the server, without going to there computer.

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jsnow
    That is the first thing that I thought of. But he was fired and was ****** about it and seems to have disappeared completely No one knows where he is.
    Hi

Ok! how about retrieving the Font file from the company back-up procedure?

Or did said person ever have to use something like ETransmit on the drawing files they produced? If yes, you should find the Font file within the appropriate ZIP file(s).

Have a good one, Mike