Thread: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 100116d8h

0 Did you find this post helpful? Yes

Default FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 100116d8h

Put your thinking caps on........

Need some help on this one. In the last two days this started happening. This error pops up when I select an MTEXT object. If I start a command first and then select an MTEXT object it allows me to edit it. Same thing with any command as long as the command is started first, but if there are no commands active and I click once to select it I get that fatal error and Autocad crashes. It only occurs on MTEXT and I have tried it with and without the slow MTEXT fix applied and get the same result. It doesn't matter what font the MTEXT object is using, doesn't matter if it's in a blank new drawing or an old drawing we haven't worked on for years, same result. Audit and Recover have been no help, I've tried purging everything and get the same result. I did a Repair Re-install of Autocad and get the same thing. I really don't want to have to go around to every computer and do a full uninstall/install of Land Desktop and Civil Design. Even if I do, how will I know this won't come up again?

We're using Land Development 2004 sp2 on XP Home. Haven't had this problem before and I don't really know what would have changed in the past two days. I can duplicate this problem on 3 other computers but the computer my boss uses doesn't have that problem. I feel that we may have brought in this problem from a survey or architectural drawing that was sent to us but I don't know why it doesn't happen on ALL our machines.

I've scoured the internet and haven't found any solutions or explanations for this one so I'd appreciate any help you may provide.

Thanks,

Mike

100 Club

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 100116d8h

You've done everything I would have done. The only thing I see is you are using Civil Design on XP Home. Check the Autodesk website, but last I saw, Civil Design is not compatable with XP Home, only LDD. Civil Design is campatable with XP Pro. Hope this helps.

Default Re: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled Access Violation Reading 0x0000 Exception at 100116d8h

Ok, as a last ditch effort I actually read the acad .dmp file and it was mentioning a dll file in the system32 directory. I went looking for it, found it and realized that it was put there by our Panda Anti-virus software and was somehow causeing the problem. I renamed the file and Autocad works perfectly. As a strange note, the antivirus program still runs fine too.

It's amazing that one file can cause all that havok. Thanks for at least looking into it.

We've used Civil on XP Home for a few years now and have had no problems with compatibility. Now that this issue is resolved everythings running smoothly.

Take care,

Mike