Thread: Error message preventing any other action

All AUGI, all the time J. Grouchy's Avatar
    Login to Give a bone

Default Error message preventing any other action

I am trying to close a local file...but I get this error message (see attached). First of all, it makes no sense, since I changed absolutely nothing in the file and the central file works fine.
    Secondly, when I hit Cancel, nothing happens. I've been hitting Cancel for the past half hour with no results. I can't do anything at all now...can't close it, can't save it, can't alter it in any way. Normally I would just go into my Task Manager and just end the program that way...but I have another project open with unsaved work.

So...am I basically screwed (pardon my language... ) or is there some trick to saving the other project?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Error message preventing any other action

Can't you save your work in the other file, close that, and then kill the program?

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by patricks
    Can't you save your work in the other file, close that, and then kill the program?
    Nope...the error message is "on top" of everything else, preventing me from accessing any other menu or command.

Login to Give a bone

You have 2 project files open, right? One of them you have worked in, and this one giving you the error message you had just opened right? So just hit Cancel on the error message and it will take you back to the project. It will probably say File Not Saved or something like that. Then switch to the other file, save it and close it, then kill the program.

Login to Give a bone

No. I have two files open. One file I was working in, the other I opened to copy some details from, but did not alter. When I went to close the second file, I hit "relinquish and save..." and got the error message.
    As I said in my first post, hitting Cancel does nothing. I've hit it about 100 times already and nothing has changed. As my thread is titled, this error message is preventing me from taking any other action within this instance of Revit 8. I can open other instances of it, but the work from the first file was not saved, so that stuff is not available to me. I can't save or close or edit or fix or ignore or cancel or abort or retry or anything...