Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Scheduled sheet issue dates

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Scheduled sheet issue dates

Quote Originally Posted by khomburg
    When I first tried the option Steve presented above with the shared parameters it appeared that if I changed the information on one sheet it would automatically update all the sheets in the project to have the same information. This is what I want. Now for some reason when I try it each sheet can be changed independently. Can anyone give me some insight?
    I responded yesterday to a similar inquiry in this post

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

We are trying to put one of these together now. Has it changed with the release of 9?

TC

Login to Give a bone

No, it hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by captainbunsaver
    We are trying to put one of these together now. Has it changed with the release of 9?

TC

Login to Give a bone

Cool Re: Scheduled sheet issue dates

Quote Originally Posted by ctc
    Just like in the major leagues, I have both sheet issues and revisions in the same schedule on all of my sheets.
    I face the same thing. At the moment, I am using plain-old "dumb text" (per sheet) on top of titleblocks that have the "grid lines" built-in already, and then I jam a revision marker (not quite a dumb object, but not a real tag either) in the first field when applicable.

After playing with the revision schedule, and seeing how nicely it works, I realize now that I cannot use it as it was intended. I would need "dumb text" to represent the permit issue date, so as not to have it mistaken for "Revision 1." Then I would need to place the revision schedule immediately underneath in the titleblock family. If I needed more "sheet issues," I'd have to go back in and plow through the titleblock families (yes, we need more than one titleblock) to add another field for dumb text, and then move the revision schedule down a notch.

- OR -

I would have to have all our users go through each and every page and draw little tiny revision clouds in the filled regions of our titleblock to make sure the permit submission date shows on every sheet.

Either method will inevitably bring about the same response from users: 1) Why do I have to use dumb text? I thought Revit was smarter than AutoCAD! - OR - 2) Why do I have to draw little tiny revision clouds? I thought Revit was smarter than AutoCAD!

Hopefully, the factory can add a couple nice fields to the Revision Schedule to make it suitable for major-league use: 1) We need the opportunity to start from Seq. 0, so that the first revision can be (delta)1. 2) We need the opportunity to choose between a "revision issue" which shows up only where the revision clouds show up, or a "sheet issue," which always shows up on every sheet. These two items would let most of the world be able to customize it to whatever they do, in regards to issuance and revisions.

This way we can have one schedule do it all, and avoid having to "work-around" which is becoming an over-used phrase these days. Until then, I will continue to use dumb text. The shared parameter idea from Steve is along the right lines, but inevitably, you will have to go back in and add/subtract extra fields, and now we have titleblocks for every job. Might as well be using AutoCAD xref'd borders at that point...

I know it sounds like I am complaining. I think the revision schedule is awesome, and the fact that it knows what sheets have which revisions is the coolest! I just want to be able to use it for what the company has intended for this particular field, and have the end user be excited that he/she has one less thing to worry about because they use Revit!

Login to Give a bone

Quote Originally Posted by jshebert
    2) We need the opportunity to choose between a "revision issue" which shows up only where the revision clouds show up, or a "sheet issue," which always shows up on every sheet.
    I don't think it's an either/or case, but rather needing to be able to mix the two revision options into the one Revision Sequence. I'd like to have the option to be able to issue some sheets with revisions and issue others just as a sheet issue to keep them in the same revision sequence.
    Maybe in the Revisions dialogue box we could have a button for each sequence number which would allow us to pick the sheets we would like to issue, saving us having to open them and add the little revision clouds.

Login to Give a bone

Post Re: Scheduled sheet issue dates

Hello

I have created an Issue sheet in Revit that matches the companies previous Issue sheet. the sheet names are automated as are the organisations and people who receive the drawings, the issue date is manually added once per issue, the issue letters are added whilst in the sheet view. I accept that the Sheet number system is not in line with 1192.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123