Thread: Foundation Problem

I could stop if I wanted to
    Login to Give a bone

Default Foundation Problem

I have created a wall style that includes my 7 7/8"cmu, wood furring 1" 1/8" insulation layer and 1/2" drywall and 1/2" plaster outside the wall. The problem is that all this layers go directly to the foundation. I want only the cmu going directly to the footer but not the finishes. I tried to modify the wall property but although I can split the wall I can erase the finishes below the finish floor. any suggestions? Do i need to do two separate wall one on top the other? whats the best way to do this?
    thanks?

Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Foundation Problem

Quote Originally Posted by Wagurto
    I have created a wall style that includes my 7 7/8"cmu, wood furring 1" 1/8" insulation layer and 1/2" drywall and 1/2" plaster outside the wall. The problem is that all this layers go directly to the foundation. I want only the cmu going directly to the footer but not the finishes. I tried to modify the wall property but although I can split the wall I can erase the finishes below the finish floor. any suggestions? Do i need to do two separate wall one on top the other? whats the best way to do this?
    thanks?
    Just use the modify command in the section preview to unlock the finishes. You'll then be able to drag them to the level you want or set the value in the wall's dialog.
    Last edited by Wes Macaulay; 2005-06-05 at 08:19 PM. Reason: Minor spelling error

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Aaron for your answer. I was able to select the layer, choose modify and unlock the layer however I couldn't drag the layer to a desire level. What do I miss?
    Thanks for your help

Login to Give a bone

Place your cursor over the top or bottom of the wall in a section view and highlight until the shape handle highlights. Drag the layer.

Alternatively, select the wall in section and blue grips will appear for the different layers that can be extended.

Alternatively, in wall properties, the base or top extension distance is available to enter an offset distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Wagurto
    Thanks Aaron for your answer. I was able to select the layer, choose modify and unlock the layer however I couldn't drag the layer to a desire level. What do I miss?
    Thanks for your help

Login to Give a bone

Thanks Bee gee, but I didn't follow you that well. I am attaching an image to see if I can explain better what I need. I how can do this wall.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Login to Give a bone

The method explained above is for modifying the layers in a section view, not in the wall settings. Once you've unlocked the layers you then have the ability to cut a section of the wall and drag the layers as required.

HTH.
    Chris Price
    Co-Founder/BIM Manager/Product Designer
    Xrev Pty Ltd

Revit Rants BLOG

Login to Give a bone

You can only drag the height of this once it is unlocked in the actual section view (not within the wall edit preview you are showing) and you need to have something to drag it too, like a slab or stepped footing of some type.

Login to Give a bone

Mr Spot/Rod.74246

How can I unlock the layers?

For testing only, I tried with Basic Wall Interior - Partition 138 mm and did not manage to get the handles for each layer as mentioned by Beegee.

Thanks