Thread: Maxwell vs Viz

100 Club
    Login to Give a bone

Default Maxwell vs Viz

I am not expecting to hear from everyone on this topic or lengthy explanations or gather a poll together. However I am trying to pick one of these rendering programs, and these seem to be the most used with Revit and I am sure there is a reason for that, so I would want the same standard. I want the capability to do exactly what the realists are doing in architectural rendering and cinema.

If someone would be so kind to inform me of trial downloads that I may be able to access I would greatly appreciate it.

Sincerely
    Philip

AUGI Addict
    Login to Give a bone

Default Re: Maxwell vs Viz

Think Viz has a trial period. Try Autodesk.com. Maxwell is not a trial, but a for a limited time, you can buy a reduced cost version (as it is still in testing). Maxwell is an add on renderer to Maya, Viz, and Max. You would need to start with Viz or max then buy Maxwell at this time. Maxwell is not YET free standing. There is still the issue of material mapping though without viz or max in maxwell.
    So if you're spending money, buy Viz. You'll have to learn it first anyway to map your materials for maxwell. Short answer, but search this forum for renderings - there's plenty of threads.